Thread: Bulletproof IF - Bettie style page

Bettie is offline Senior Member

Bulletproof IF - Bettie style

iam back... had a two long holidays and lots of stress with moving house... and i gained 13 lbs.
    well i did pigout a bit in my england holiday and i had lots of beer during that time and no gym workout for at least 2 months - shame on me really!

i realised IF / Paleo / Low Carb & High Fat is the way for me. the only one, and i have to keep it up for good, or i will always be that person iam now, unfit, sick,fat and not happy with myself! it does not mean that i will never ever have a cheat meal, but at least 95% i will stick to my plan, that would give me one cheat meal a week, and i don't talk about a pizza every week. but i will take weekends a bit easyer, thats for sure.

my problems i have and the solutions:

- stick to it! - so i commit myself to stick with t and keep up that journal for 3 months (at least) from today on!thats exactly until my birthday. thats my gift to me!

- alcohol - i don't really drink that much any more, went a bit overboard due my holiday i had, but i think beer (as much as i love it) is a killer for me. i will stick in this 3 months to wine spritzer (with water and dry white wine) & a low carb version of pimms. if i have drinks, what should only be on weekends, really.

- chocolate . i just love that stuff... but i will stick to 75%-90%, iam in switzerland so i can get lindt and other brands on every corner really... why should i ever eat other chocolate than this!?

so wish me luck i really want to become healthly & slim again, and this is for good!
    Last edited by Bettie; 07-14-2012 at 02:06 PM.

7/14: 156 lbs.
    weight in's:

7/17: 153.5 lbs.
    7/18: 152.5 lbs.

goalweight: 130 lbs.

and here My Plan:

i just came across the Bulletproof Website tp://www.bulletproofexec.com/ (great blog!) and i had to laugh, because the IF he talks about is nearly what i already did. when i started IF i never had absolutely no calorie until lunchtime or longer, it just did not work for me (would make me feeling cranky), but i stopped eating at 8pm, then had a tea at 8am (with butter and cream) and then i had some tea with coconut oil and bone broth during the day. mostly around 3pm (1h after my workout) i had a snack or small meal and then diner at 8pm again.

so i will keep that IF style up, but have my tea a bit more in the bulletproof style. i am sure its different to drink coffee instead, but honestly the only time i can drink a coffee is in italy a strong black ristretto, after a good meal.

so that's what i want to do:

8am: (bulletproof) black tea with 25gr. butter, 1 tbsp. cream or coconut cream, 1 tbsp. coconut oil and 1 tbsp. MCT oil

11am: (bulletproof) chai tea with 25gr. butter, 1 tbsp. cream or coconut cream, 1 tbsp. coconut oil and 1 tbsp. MCT oil

1-2pm: workout at the gym. heavy lifting / cross fit style. pretty short but hard workout

around 3pm.: 1 cub of homemade bone broth & if i am hungry i have a snack:
    soft cooked eggs or i take a homemade protein shake with coconut milk, coconut water and raw eggs

around 6pm: if i am hungry i have a tea with a spoon of MCT or Coconut Oil

at 8pm: i have diner what mostly consists of a good piece of meat or fish, lots of butter & animal fats, vegetable, sometimes a sweet potato or parsnips

as dessert after a meal i have a piece of dark chocolate.

a word about...

cream: i know its not perfect but its 1 spoon a day and maybe i try without for a while. but honestly i belief that the cream i can get here in switzerland is way different from what you get i the usa or even in the uk. 100gr. has 35 grams of fat and only 2 grams of protein and carbs.

butter: i love kerry gold, but for this stuff i have to drive to germany or austria (in switzerland they only sell swiss butter). but lucky me i life here: http://www.sunandstar.ch/images/schw...ppenzell13.jpg (no joke, that's nearly what i see when i look out the window) and i can get a local butter that is raw, organic and from grass fed cows... that stuff is better than everything i ever had. it cost a bit ore, but i love to support the local farmers.

MCT oil: i have to get some, never tried it, i use coconut oil for many years and love that stuff.
    Last edited by Bettie; 07-14-2012 at 12:24 AM.

weight in's:

today:

IF from 6pm-3pm (21h.)

8am tea with butter, cream & coconut oil

3pm. saussage (landjäger)

5pm. beef steak with creamy mushroom sauce, vegetable & salad + couple of wine spritzer

6pm dessert: couple of spoons chocolate ice cream, handfull nuts, cream, little bit sugar in my tea (cheat meal)

9pm: white wine (dry)

weight in's:

today:

IF / fat fast from 6pm - 3pm (21h)

1pm: tea with butter, coconut oil, cream + 1 pcs 75% dark chocolate

3pm: small portion of chilli con carne & glass of dry white wine

8pm: bison steak, vegetables, butter, cream, duck fat

2 days back in, and feeling great :-D

weight in's:

today:

IF / fat fast from 8pm - 8pm (24h)

8am: tea with butter, cream and coconut oil

11am: tea with butter, cream and coconut oil

3pm: tea with coconut oil

4pm: homemade bone broth

8pm: ground beef and pieces of lard, mixed with butter & cream, served with lots of vegetables *yummi*

my gym is closed for the week due to some maintanance work, but i don't stress over the fact. i use this week to get back into IF and try to fast until diner and only have one "normal meal" a day. see how that works! today it went well. thanks to good healthly fats in my tea.

just to get that fact straight, i call it fasting / IF, in real it is 12h of fasting and the rest is a kind of fat fast.
    Last edited by Bettie; 07-16-2012 at 01:27 PM.

weight in's:

2.5 lbs. down in 3 days! this is sooo great! i really found what works for me, now the only thing i have to do: STICK TO IT! lifelong!

weight in's:

Today:

IF Fat Fast 8pm-4pm (20h)

8am: tea with butter, cream & coconut oil

12pm: tea with butter, cream & coconut oil

4 pm: left overs from last night (round beef and pieces of lard, mixed with butter & cream, served with lots of vegetables) + 1/4 apple

9pm: burger patty with piece of pineapple, swiss cheese, mayonnaise
    Last edited by Bettie; 07-18-2012 at 01:47 AM.

weight in's:

a other pound is gone... ya! but today i need to eat a bit more, i worked hard in the garage last night (our chevy engine needs some tlc) and did not eat much all day. i treat myself to a bit of dark chocolate this morning :-)

weight in's:

Today

IF / Fat Fast 9pm -

8 am: tea with butter, coconut oil, cream + 2 pcs. dark chocolate

12 pm: tea with butter, coconut oil, cream + 2 pcs. dark chocolate

2pm: cup of bone broth

4pm: 2 eggs, half a avocado, butter & cream, 1/4 apple

8pm: bbq in the garden (finally a little bit of a summerfeeling...): roast vegetables in goose fat, half a beef steak and half a horse steak, herbbutter. + wine spritzer, sugar free pimms & a pcs. of dark chocolate.
    Last edited by Bettie; 07-19-2012 at 02:44 AM.

weight in's:

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yesterday:

If Fat Fast 8pm - 3pm (19h)

8am: tea with coconut oil, butter, cream & 1 pcs. dark chocolate

11am: tea with coconut oil, butter, cream & 1 pcs. dark chocolate

3pm: 2 eggs, half a avocado, butter & cream sauce