Thread: New Blog page

JohnOTD is offline Member

Shop Now

Just started a new blog that will be related to going primal (as I'm still pretty green). If you guys don't mind, please take a look and give me your thoughts on the formatting/colors (too hard to read?).

Thanks!

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

The Big L is offline Senior Member

Nice start! "paleo-anarcho-capitalism" -- gotta love it.

As far as colors go, I found the text to be just a tiny bit hard to read on that background. You might try reducing the intensity of that blue colored font and see what happens. Then again, my eyes are pretty sensitive to that sort of thing. So if you like it and nobody else complains, it's probably fine.

Aarambh is offline Junior Member

Congratulations on the new blog, looking forward to read it and follow your progress.

I agree with Big L , the Blue font is difficult to read on the black background and you might want to change it and see if it helps

Homer Simpson: I'll have the smiley face breakfast special. Uhh, but could you add a bacon nose? Plus bacon hair, bacon mustache, five o'clock shadow made of bacon bits and a bacon body.
    Waitress: How about I just shove a pig down your throat?
    (Homer looks excited)
    Waitress: I was kidding.
    Homer Simpson: Fine, but the bacon man lives in a bacon house!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

I didn't find the blue too hard to read, but maybe a medium to light green would be easier on the eyes on a black background. Good luck on your blogging journey, I've been toying with the idea but don't think I've got much to say haha.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

oh i hate black background blogs - very hard to read - the brown is nice and the color your font is (looks like you may have changed it on suggestions already) looks good to me!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Evita is offline Senior Member

Virgin Islands! Hola!! My parents lived there with my older brother..then when it was time to have me, they moved to the states (New York). Ever heard of Guavaberry farms, St.Thomas ? thats my families My aunts, uncles and cousins are still down.

Timothy is offline Senior Member

Paleo and anarcho-capitalism go together like bacon and eggs. Good luck with the blog, John, it looks like a good read!

JohnOTD is offline Member

Thanks for the input all!

@Evita

I haven't heard of the farm. I'm on St. Croix. However, do they do grass-fed mayhaps? I'm checking out Annaly farms on my next day off. Apparently they do grass-fed senepol, but they were out of it last time I called.

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

FabMandy is offline Member

I like the brown background! And the theme(s) for the blog sound great. I think they tie in nicely with each other and should produce some interesting reads