Thread: Skinnyfat. page

Reese is offline Junior Member

Skinnyfat.

Primal Fuel
    Ok let's try again.
    Last edited by Reese; 09-06-2012 at 06:29 AM.

PeaceCorpsCaveMan is offline Senior Member
    Are you familiar with "chronic cardio" and why that can stress your adrenal gland, increase your stress hormones, and keep you skinny fat? Why not make your goal 10 30-second sprints with 2 minute breaks in between so you improve your metabolic conditioning instead.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hell yeah on the wilted greens as an acceptable substitute for rice or pasta. I made a nice meat sauce the other day with some grass fed beef I bought, really loading it with meat and onions and garlic and had it over some wilted beet greens. It was great. I didn't even miss the pasta and I made that for the rest of the fam.

Sounds like you're doing great!

I've only just started doing this so I've been experimenting myself, but here's what I've tried so far.

Swiss Chard, it was good, but a bit bitter.

Bok Choy, less bitter, but has a flavor that I associate with Asian food, dunno how it would translate to Italian.

Baby Spinach, this was probably the best, nice mild flavor, not at all bitter. At the grocery store they sell an organic brand.

Enjoy!

I might be sorry for this but I'm taking a pretty casual approach about counting macronutrients and calories. I have done this in the past, but my feeling is that I intend to eat this way for the rest of my life, I don't want to be counting calories and macronutrients forever. So I want to really understand the basics and the rules and then try to live within them. I suppose I will suffer from sub optimal weight loss, but I'm more interested in long term management so I can stop with the yo-yo dieting.

I certainly do understand the desire for objective measures, and it's hard to find them, and trust them. Funny, but the most satisfactory measure for me is a pair of size 34 pants that I try on periodically. I'm currently in size 40, so can barely get my leg in now, but as I get closer to my target weight, they will fit better. When they're able to be comfortably worn I will be under 200 lbs.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I hear you on the dishwasher. the ONLY trick that works for me is to set the timer for ten minutes. It usually takes less than 5 minutes to unload but I can procrastinate fo hourss.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Another law school survivor! I'm going into my final year as well. I think we should get a medal, ha.

I'm not a huge fan of Bubbe's saurkraut. It's too crunchy for me. The pickles are great though. If you're looking for other fermented foods at Whole Foods, check out the kombucha. I usually do a shot of it in the morning and again in the evening, and that seems to work really well. There's also beet kvass (fermented beet juice), but if you can manage that stuff, you're better than I!

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese View Post
    SOOOO happy to be finishing!! We definitely deserve a medal. Is the kombucha sugar free? I'd definitely prefer that over sauerkraut... I haven't opened mine yet, but I don't expect to like it (I was kind of sad I had to buy such a big jar).
    If you buy plain, it has a minimal amount of sugar that feeds the fermentation process at the beginning. A lot are flavored with juice though, so you'll want to check your labels.