Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute least Primal thing you've ever eaten? page 8

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    Kids in my school filled with Dutch immigrants used to come to school with speculaas cookies on their white bread, but my mom would have none of that, no matter how much we begged her.
    In my mom's village (Germany), they did this when I was a kid: they take a simple white roll and sandwich a Negerkuess in there. A Negerkuess is a huge chocolate-dipped marshmallow cream bomb.

(For all you German speakers - yea, I know this is not a PC term, but it is what the locals called them, so I give you historical accuracy.)

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Lard is paleo. On the other hand, not necessarily healthy, particularly between peices of bread and if too many carbs are around.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    In my mom's village (Germany), they did this when I was a kid: they take a simple white roll and sandwich a Negerkuess in there. A Negerkuess is a huge chocolate-dipped marshmallow cream bomb.

(For all you German speakers - yea, I know this is not a PC term, but it is what the locals called them, so I give you historical accuracy.)
    Yeah, the Dutch just changed the name a few years back to just zoenen, IIRC. Many kids there eat bread (usually white) with margarine and hagelslag (chocolate sprinkles) for breakfast. I remember seeing some kind of ad or PSA about kids needing a healthy breakfast and this was what they thought they should be eating. What???

Graycat is online now Senior Member
    hmm..Probably cheap sheet birthday cake. The one that they make the frosting with butter flavored vegetable oil shortening. I'm pretty sure there's not even one Primal ingredient in those.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Oh god, I forgot about faire foods. The state, ren, or local fair is one place I'll eat just about anything and damn the consequence (and every year I go home and embrace the hydrocodone.) The worst offender was the state fair before I left Dallas: funnel cake, fried oreos, fried beer, chili in a bread bowl, fried milky way, fried something-my-dad-bought, and enough dr. peppers to kill a pony.
    I also forgot about some of my childhood treats.
    Biscuits and Goop: canned biscuits dipped in a mixture of "maple" syrup and peanut butter.
    Christmas breakfast the year I was 12: chocolate pancakes with candy canes mashed into the batter, drenched in chocolate syrup and cool whip, served with chocolate milk, chocolate chip awfuls, and chocolate dipped bacon. I loved it, but I chowed down on much healthier fare for the rest of the day because the idea of more sugar made me nauseous.
    A concoction I used to make and down before my folks noticed: parmesan cheese sawdust and chocolate syrup, swirled and licked out of my hand.
    I'm also sure I ate crayons and god only knows what all else when I was a toddler. According to mom, my favorite food wasn't food.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Oh god, I forgot about faire foods. The state, ren, or local fair is one place I'll eat just about anything and damn the consequence (and every year I go home and embrace the hydrocodone.) The worst offender was the state fair before I left Dallas: funnel cake, fried oreos, fried beer, chili in a bread bowl, fried milky way, fried something-my-dad-bought, and enough dr. peppers to kill a pony.
    I also forgot about some of my childhood treats.
    Biscuits and Goop: canned biscuits dipped in a mixture of "maple" syrup and peanut butter.
    Christmas breakfast the year I was 12: chocolate pancakes with candy canes mashed into the batter, drenched in chocolate syrup and cool whip, served with chocolate milk, chocolate chip awfuls, and chocolate dipped bacon. I loved it, but I chowed down on much healthier fare for the rest of the day because the idea of more sugar made me nauseous.
    A concoction I used to make and down before my folks noticed: parmesan cheese sawdust and chocolate syrup, swirled and licked out of my hand.
    I'm also sure I ate crayons and god only knows what all else when I was a toddler. According to mom, my favorite food wasn't food.
    For some reason you just made me really hungry...
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Mr Freeze Ice Pops (Aka flavoured frozen water). The raspberry flavour was blue!!!

Cheese sandwich (on white bread), microwaved.

Sugar flavoured microwave pop corn.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat a particular brand of frozen chicken pot pie for dinner probably 3 times a week. Here's the nutrition breakdown:

Calories: 2078
    Fat: 26g
    Carbs: 170g
    Protein: 57g

I'd eat that JUST FOR DINNER. And I'd wash it down with full-sugar sodas. Yeah, no wonder I gained 40lbs in 2 years. Hindsight: 20/20.

Also, for my birthday last year, I single-handedly ate two whole 9" ice cream cakes within about 2 weeks. One was Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, one was Black Raspberry Chocolate Chunk. These were the most decadent cakes I've ever eaten in my life, and I am actually really, really bummed out I can't get another one this year (because I'd keel over dead).

I also gained about 15lbs last december just from baking sheet after sheet of cookies. I found the best cookie recipe IN THE WORLD (which I am not sharing because I am not a sadist... much) and seriously I just could not stop eating them. SO GOOD. At this point, though, I'm glad I did it, because that gain was the impetus for starting Primal.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I used to really like the cheese dipped in corn dog batter and fried on a stick at that place in the shopping malls where the girls had to jump up and down on pogo sticks to make the lemonade.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Cheese sandwich (on white bread), microwaved. Sugar flavoured microwave pop corn.
    Switch the microwaved cheese sandwhich w/ fried bolony and cheese. Anyone else top their toast w/ sugar and cinnamon as kids?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast