Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute least Primal thing you've ever eaten? page 7

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Those packages of ramen noodles with the seasoning mixture, american cheese, and sour cream added. I'm actually afraid to go back and see what oil was on those noodles.

ETA: I just looked it up. No wonder i felt like shit my whole life.

Ramen Noodle Ingredients: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil (Contains One Or More Of The Following: Canola, Cottonseed, Palm), Preserved By Tbhq, Salt, Potassium Carbonate, Soy Sauce (Water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt), Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Carbonate, Turmeric. Soup Base Ingredients: Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Food Starch Modified, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Garlic, Parsley), Chicken Broth, Hydrolyzed Corn, Wheat And Soy Protein, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Spices, Xanthan Gum, Turmeric, Artificial Flavor, Sodium Caseinate, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate.
    A couple of years ago I was on the verge of losing my house and so there was Ramen in the house. This was before I discovered PB. I knew it wasn't good nutrition, but I could get a 12 count box for $1.88 at Walmart. When I only had $5 for groceries, that pretty much was my only option (I thought at the time). I finally just decided that no matter how cheap it was, it wasn't worth how crappy I felt after I ate it, so the last four packs went in the compost bin in the yard. I didn't break it up or anything, just unwrapped the noodles and tossed them in. It took almost a month in the desert heat with even a couple of rainstorms in that time for those suckers to stop looking like noodles in the exact conformation they came out of the package. Scary stuff.
    Last edited by RobinNM; 07-13-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: clarity

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Fake meat, first 4 ingredients water, vegetable oil, soybeans, wheat flour. Fried in corn oil. Every night.
    well then

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    I have to ask, how on earth do you fry coke???
    The Mystery Revealed

And for whoever asked if this is a once a year faire phenomena - nope. Traveling carnivals do it, certain restaurants will do it, Catering shoppes will do it on request. And many enterprising souls do it at home. I'll agree that it's not yet staple American fare (with possible exceptions in certain counties of Georgia, North and South Cackalacka, Alabama, and Mississipi where such items probably appear on the local school menus) but the day is coming.

parrottrl is offline Member
    Back in the 1980s, that cinnamon-flavored sugarless gum with the gooey saccharine-based center. Twenty-some-odd years later, I still passionately crave that gum, and that so cannot be good.

acrowns is offline Junior Member
    White flour based mall pretzels with pretend cheddar cheese sauce.
    And then I visited a cheese factory and learned how that pretend cheese comes about... ugghhh!!!!

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Those packages of ramen noodles with the seasoning mixture, american cheese, and sour cream added. I'm actually afraid to go back and see what oil was on those noodles.

ETA: I just looked it up. No wonder i felt like shit my whole life.

Ramen Noodle Ingredients: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil (Contains One Or More Of The Following: Canola, Cottonseed, Palm), Preserved By Tbhq, Salt, Potassium Carbonate, Soy Sauce (Water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt), Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Carbonate, Turmeric. Soup Base Ingredients: Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Food Starch Modified, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Garlic, Parsley), Chicken Broth, Hydrolyzed Corn, Wheat And Soy Protein, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Spices, Xanthan Gum, Turmeric, Artificial Flavor, Sodium Caseinate, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate.
    What! No High Fructose Corn Syrup? Must be a health food! LOL

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Fake meat, first 4 ingredients water, vegetable oil, soybeans, wheat flour. Fried in corn oil. Every night.
    Hey, Gadsie, what are you doing in Groningen? My family is from there.

And I don't know about the worst non-primal...there is so much variety out there (and my mom used to cook pretty decent meat and potato type meals), but for awhile there was this stuff called Koogle that you spread on your bread..."with the ko-ko-koogely eyes." I think we had it in the house once.
    After visiting the dentist my mom used to give us 10 cents (ironic, I know) to spend on whatever we wanted at Blackwells. Blackwells had this awesome penny candy section and you would take a little paper bag and fill it up with all this candy that was 5 for a penny or something like that. Those big licorice pipes were two cents though so I used to feel like I was being ripped off if I just bought one candy for two cents. And there were also these candies that were shaped like strawberries and were sort of mallowy, and mallow bananas, and blackballs that would change colours as you sucked them so you were always taking them out of your mouth to see the colours. Since that time I have had one of those strawberry candies - gross!!! and amazingly bitter, I can only imagine that it is from all the chemicals.
    Kids in my school filled with Dutch immigrants used to come to school with speculaas cookies on their white bread, but my mom would have none of that, no matter how much we begged her.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Probably anything I ate before the age of 40 anytime I was trying to get "healthy." When I finally figured out that "govt guidelines" had nothing to do with health and everything to do with subsidizing agribusiness, I found what I like, and amazingly enough, felt good, looked good, etc.

Worst offenders: tofu, beans, rice. Same things we feed livestock to fatten it up. Well, maybe not the tofu. The reason I call them the worst offenders is that they're fobbed off as healthy foods. Cakes, pizza, candy, etc. are not primal, but no one is pushing them as healthy daily recommendations.

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I ate a lot of really cheap non-Primal food when I was young and poor, but my husband's non-Primal food tops anything I ate:
    A lard sandwich made with white bread and vinegar.
    That's right. Just lard.
    I know that some people think that lard is paleo, but to me it is just nasty. I use it to make soap.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast