Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute least Primal thing you've ever eaten? page 6

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I once made a homemade tofurkey.You blended tofu with agar.... it was a process. There was corn oil too in it for flavor.

But non- primal- I'll fess up- lean cuisines. The mac and cheese. I'd try and burn it in the microwave because the burning helped it taste better.

Also deep fried ice cream- it came wrapped in a 1/2" layer of pound cake. It was bizarre. But oddly delicious with cool whip.

Oh yeah- cool whip- I used to love cool whip. I worked with weight watchers members who ate it by the tub because it was low in points.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Deep fried Twinkie.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Magnolia, one of our weekly magazines produces recipe books, has for years. About 30 years ago, they came out with the Chinese recipe book. One was deep fried ice cream balls with fudge sauce. (Yes, I thought it sounded so authentic too). It's coated in breadcrumbs and yes, was absolutely delicious. Fortunately it took a couple of days to prepare so didn't do it very often

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Dude, no deep fried snickers or deep fried Kool-Aid?
    The State Fairs in America now try to out-do each other in how outrageous they could be with the fat and sugar. So we got deep fried ice cream, deep fried Twinkies, deep fried Snickers bars, deep fried potato chips, and deep fried koolaid and coke (I guess they use coke or koolaid as the batter liquid?). Finally they went all out and offered deep fried sticks of butter.

This is not normal American food. You can only get it at the State Fair once a year. At least I hope...
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Oh, good grief! I think I have done every single thing ALL of you have mentioned!! All as a kid, not post-Primal.
    The Nutella and Fluff? Not sure they had it in Utah when you were growing up. The 5-way Skyline chili I guess, you do live close enough to head over there if you wanted too.

I've got it- Jailhouse gumbo. Involved mixing ramen, fire cheetoes, whatever meat we'd save from dinner, ketchup(not the primal kind), mustard(also not the primal kind), a hot pickle, and damn near anything else you could throw in there. Tasted like fire.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
    The Nutella and Fluff? Not sure they had it in Utah when you were growing up. The 5-way Skyline chili I guess, you do live close enough to head over there if you wanted too.

I've got it- Jailhouse gumbo. Involved mixing ramen, fire cheetoes, whatever meat we'd save from dinner, ketchup(not the primal kind), mustard(also not the primal kind), a hot pickle, and damn near anything else you could throw in there. Tasted like fire.
    I didn't grow up in Utah. It was a blend of MO, TX, GA, NJ, OH and Germany. Germany totally had Nutella, way before the US had it. You absolutely got me on the Jailhouse gumbo!!

But can you beat C-rations?

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    You mean, like MREs? Yeah, I've had those too....

SHIT! I got all y'all beat! When I was cleaning out a basement in Groton, CT, we found a bunch of old "carb supplements". Basically, a few giant metal tins filled with 40 yr old solid corn syrup spherical objects covered in sugar and flavoring. They were still good.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Marshmallow Fluff, from Lynn, Ma. Has no marshmallow in it at all but is whipped corn syrup ( Corn Syrup, Sugar Syrup, Dried Egg Whites and Vanillin). Has the consistency of melting marshmallows. I even hated it as a kid, it's as gross as it sounds. Not sure that it gets distributed beyond New England.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Deep-fried, bacon-wrapped Chocodile (chocolate-covered Twinkie). I think I've also gotten at least 50 boxes of Twinkies and Lemon Zingers under my belt. I used to eat 2 in a sitting. How I never developed diabetes and always had awesome cholesterol I'll never know. Maybe it's genetic, considering my grandpa has been a smoker since he was 16 and is still in perfect health. Maybe I'm some kind of anomaly, like a mutant.

Guys, I think I might be Wolverine.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
    You mean, like MREs? Yeah, I've had those too....

SHIT! I got all y'all beat! When I was cleaning out a basement in Groton, CT, we found a bunch of old "carb supplements". Basically, a few giant metal tins filled with 40 yr old solid corn syrup spherical objects covered in sugar and flavoring. They were still good.
    C-rations were the generation before MRE's.

Ha! Try this: vegan dairy-free cheese sauce (I still have the 70's cookbook I got the recipe from). Made from powdered brewer's yeast, water, oil, jar mustard, salt, and onion powder.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast