Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute least Primal thing you've ever eaten? page 5

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Pre-primal would be the massive amount of soy in my diet, soy milk, cheese, tofu, "textured vegetable protein" patties, sausages, etc.
    eurgh how could you?

blargh
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    eurgh how could you?

blargh
    Blargh indeed but it was considered the cutting edge of healthfulness at the time.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Dude, no deep fried snickers or deep fried Kool-Aid? wth... I definitely had my share of little debbies and hostess products growing up. The word that comes to mind now is: synthetic.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I think it's a tie between Twinkies and Easy Cheese -- the stuff that you squirt out of a can. And that orange cheese powder they put on cheese-balls. That stuff makes me nauseous.
    5'0" female, 44 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained to 109 on sugar cheat. Reset with 85P / 90C / 90F. Currently weaning off fat to 85P / 90C / 60F.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I'll cop to a "Tofurkey" full dinner bought on sale post t-giving from the local food co-op. I did not realize that it needed to be unwrapped before cooking and ate some w/ the cooked plastic still attached. Taste wise, this did not make a difference. I doubt it did nutritionally either. The beginning of the end of the vegan experiment.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Probably tofu sausages on fresh whole rye bread with pufa-laden mayonnaise and alfalfa sprouts. Yes really, I was convinced this was healthy at the time. It also tasted healthy for some reason.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Straight non-dairy creamer, powdered, eaten dry by the tablespoon-full.

Texas sheet cake with holes punched into it for jello to be poured into, and then iced with canned icing - accompanied by really sweet instant tea made from granules, sugared soda, and "ice cream" in those really cheap single-serving plastic pots.

538,295,194,396 US pounds of Halloween candy.

Oh, good grief! I think I have done every single thing ALL of you have mentioned!!

All as a kid, not post-Primal.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    25 or so years ago, I tasted soy milk. That taste forever convinced me soy is revolting and shouldn't be eaten :2lol

I used to eat frosties from the box, and malt powder from the tin. Hot dogs (though never cheerios - in Australia, these are mini hot dogs), food colouring. (seems Australia may not have had many of the options you all did - thank god! - we've only recently started making? importing? krispy kremes)

I have to ask, how on earth do you fry coke???

post ptimal - organic home made popcorn and cornflakes

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I once made a homemade tofurkey.You blended tofu with agar.... it was a process. There was corn oil too in it for flavor.

But non- primal- I'll fess up- lean cuisines. The mac and cheese. I'd try and burn it in the microwave because the burning helped it taste better.

Also deep fried ice cream- it came wrapped in a 1/2" layer of pound cake. It was bizarre. But oddly delicious with cool whip.

Oh yeah- cool whip- I used to love cool whip. I worked with weight watchers members who ate it by the tub because it was low in points.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    deep fried seitan. goddamn vegetarian restaurants.
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast