Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute least Primal thing you've ever eaten? page 10

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    as a kid we used to get this stuff called "goobers" which was peanut butter and jelly, striped, in a jar. also cracker jacks.
    Ohhhh shiiiit, Goober Grape! Yeah, I used to eat that stuff with a spoon. As an adult.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newberrycrater View Post
    SoyJoy bars
    Ohhhhh... I spat one of those out once.
    A friend got me to try it, because they are "great!"
    No, no they aren't...
    They should be called Soy JoyLESS, because they will immediately suck all of the joy right out of you the minute you chew it.

I'm pretty sure that the gleeful consumption of soy protein, coupled with it's FOUL flavor, is a modern form of old school self-flagellation.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Everything pre 2010

Luce is offline Senior Member
    Pop tarts. A brand of icecream. Strange candy mousse made with candy and who knows what else in there. Something yummy from Nigella Lawson. Me ex mother in law pasta al forno (that's not primal but people eats it out of the oven with a shovel and never has enough).
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    My brother I & used to chug karo syrup out of the bottle....until mom caught us

And Stouffers frozen pasta carbonara....holy crap what was I thinking??
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBailey View Post
    My brother I & used to chug karo syrup out of the bottle....until mom caught us
    Wow...
    I used to baby sit a kid who would steal the Hershey's syrup bottle and suck the stuff right out of it.
    He also microwaved a pet mouse once... that was not a fun kid to sit.
    But I think his parents knew that, because they tipped well on top of my regular pay. I was kind of their only option for a night out for a couple of years. LOL
    Gah! I've never liked things that sweet... growing up I wouldn't even drink juice without mixing it half and half with water. It was just SO sweet it gave me a headache.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Wow...
    I used to baby sit a kid who would steal the Hershey's syrup bottle and suck the stuff right out of it.
    Also guilty!

I'm rapidly realizing why I ended up 300lbs.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
    Well, the last time I had one was about a month after going primal, and they were damn delicous then. Not sure how the mac. salad and homefries would be now.

So, I guess my answer's changed. The least primal thing I've eaten before and after going primal might well be one of those.
    I have a feeling it would send you right to the pot since you have been Primal for a while. Just looking at the pic almost sent me there. LOL

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Here was a typical day of eating when I was hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. Keep in mind I had been plagued by mosquitoes so I had to eat through a head net. Then I was plagued by rain and couldn't sit down to eat (because I had buttless rain pants.)

This was my day, starting with breakfast:

grape nuts w/ powdered whole milk, nuts, freeze-dried fruit
    granola bar/oatmeal bar
    crackers
    peanut butter
    Once a week, a whole large packet of instant pudding reconstituted with powdered milk
    M&Ms or Reese's Pieces
    One layer of Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies or one layer of Pepperidge Farm chocolate chip cookies
    More candy or crackers
    Knorr Pasta Sides with a packet of Alfredo Cheese sauce powder
    Chunks of swiss cheese
    Once a week I'd add a packet of tuna
    One large bag of gummy bears or one king-sized candy bar

That was my planned food. Sometimes unplanned food would appear on the trail, courtesy of people who wanted to help me. I'd drink 1 or 2 sodas if I found a cooler. I'd eat 1 or 2 additional candy bars if I found candy. If there was a restaurant, I would get the equivalent of a Denny's Grand Slam.

I ate this way for three months, twice! A total of 6 months. Is it any wonder my metabolism/insulin sensitivity was toast?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Here was a typical day of eating when I was hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. Keep in mind I had been plagued by mosquitoes so I had to eat through a head net. Then I was plagued by rain and couldn't sit down to eat (because I had buttless rain pants.)
    Can I just say that one of the reasons I've always wanted to hike the Appalachian Trail is to justify eating an entire jar of peanut butter a week?

(I haven't. Yet. I suspect nowadays I'd be packing in more jerky than peanut butter...but still.)

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast