Thread: Friday the 13th --- I received my first Swoosh today! Awesome gift! page

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member

Friday the 13th --- I received my first Swoosh today! Awesome gift!

Primal Fuel
    Well, it's Day 17 primal for me and I had this feeling that I would be receiving swoosh any day now. I had plateau'd for about 6 days at 156 lbs. I checked and rechecked my diet and calories, ensuring I had the proper combination of fats/proteins/carbs. I thought, hmmmm, I think I'm doing everything right --- maybe my body is about to have a swoosh gift.

I arrived at work today and hopped on our scale ---- HOLY HANNAH ---- 154.4 !!!!!!

This again affirms in my mind to stick to the programme, have some patience, and keep the body moving.

By the way, visited a new nutritional store today to pick up magnesium and a few other supplements, and the nutritionist working there (she owns the store) is primal, too! She's been primal for 3 months. She admitted she was a little skeptical when first hearing of Primal, but she is sold -- says she's never felt better in her life.

Good to know the results are positive and never know where you might run into a fellow "primal".

Cheers,
    louisa
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Grats!

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Very nice! Always feels great to break through plateaus. Also a very warming feeling to meet someone who also eats paleo/primal. Most people are simply too skeptical when they hear about it. I have a friend who is obviously jealous because I used to be fat, got in great shape, and he used to be in great shape and is now getting fat; he absolutely refuses to accept anything I say about paleo. (disregarding not only the fact that I am now a nutrition major and have been studying it for about a year, but also my results). It just makes me laugh.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

otzi Guest
    I haven't seen the term "swoosh" since I quit the Atkins boards a couple years ago. If you are an Atkins convert to PB, please don't make the same mistakes I did. PB is not Atkins. But, congrats on your swoosh! They are fun to have, but somewhat meaningless.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I haven't seen the term "swoosh" since I quit the Atkins boards a couple years ago. If you are an Atkins convert to PB, please don't make the same mistakes I did. PB is not Atkins. But, congrats on your swoosh! They are fun to have, but somewhat meaningless.
    I've never been on a diet. I'm Primal and I consider this a lifestyle... Have not clue about Atkins.
    Last edited by Louisa655; 07-14-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    I've never been on a diet. I'm Primal and I consider this a diet.... Have not clue about Atkins.

OK, Sorry. The Atkins people always talk about swooshes in weight loss. Atkins is a pretty unhealthy way to lose weight, it's low carb, but they don't take nutrition and exercise into the equation. Primal Blueprint Diet and Exercise are the way to go! Hope you stick with it and meet all your goals!

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    OK, Sorry. The Atkins people always talk about swooshes in weight loss. Atkins is a pretty unhealthy way to lose weight, it's low carb, but they don't take nutrition and exercise into the equation. Primal Blueprint Diet and Exercise are the way to go! Hope you stick with it and meet all your goals!
    Have you heard of the Dukan diet? OMG. Atkins on steriods. Very very scary stuff.

Congratulations Louisa!