Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chocolate mug cake question page

Darz is offline Senior Member

Chocolate mug cake question

I've been making a microwaved chocolate mug cake that is filling beyond belief for such a small thing but my question is - how do I make it moister, I like it dry but don't know what to use.
    Last edited by Darz; 07-13-2012 at 11:37 AM.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Unsweetened applesauce, fresh grated zuchini, banana, or a little butter..(I add fresh zuchini whenever I need extra moisture to stuff, it's pretty tasteless, low carb and moistened anything).

I've actually tried with a banana but it ruined the taste and it didn't turn the cake moist; does the courgette affect the texture? One more question, as an alternative, how do I make this microwaved cake to end up with a molten core?
    Last edited by Darz; 07-13-2012 at 12:14 PM.

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    I make mine with an egg or two, sometimes a little coconut flour, though you have to increase the eggs. I haven't had issues with dryness. Maybe less time in the microwave? I also pour a little coconut milk over mine (after it is cooked) to cool it off and give it a bread pudding texture.

I will try the coconut milk but before cooking; I've reduced the time to 2 mins at about 700 watts but it still gets dry and extremely dense - which is good for satiety reasons but will try 1 1/2 mins or something, must tweak it until I've reached the goal.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darz View Post
    I've been making a microwaved chocolate mug cake that is filling beyond belief for such a small thing but my question is - how do I make it moister, I like it dry but don't know what to use.
    You would have to tell us what you are using for us to help you. Basically, increase the liquid, fat or nut butter.

My chocolatey goodness muffin is moist. It's just made from banana, nut butter, egg and cocoa powder. Recipe here
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Unsweetened applesauce, fresh grated zuchini, banana, or a little butter..(I add fresh zuchini whenever I need extra moisture to stuff, it's pretty tasteless, low carb and moistened anything).
    Zuchini - really?? Must try this one!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Zucchini makes anything moister as it is mainly water and has almost zero taste! I use it in anything that needs moisture. You can puree it in a processor and it becomes liquid or grate and use it that way and it can be more of a moist filler. I grow zucchini so I always have lots that need used!

Quote Originally Posted by curlygirl View Post
    You would have to tell us what you are using for us to help you. Basically, increase the liquid, fat or nut butter.

My chocolatey goodness muffin is moist. It's just made from banana, nut butter, egg and cocoa powder. Recipe here
    The ingredients are basically those - eggs, almond butter, cacao powder but with different amounts - and I also add cacao nibs and cashews for crunchiness - but today I tried by adding coconut milk and it did became more moist; must try with a courgette as well. How do I get a molten core with a microwaved cake?

Kristy2078 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Darz View Post
    The ingredients are basically those - eggs, almond butter, cacao powder but with different amounts - and I also add cacao nibs and cashews for crunchiness - but today I tried by adding coconut milk and it did became more moist; must try with a courgette as well. How do I get a molten core with a microwaved cake?
    I suppose you could try sticking some of the coconut oil and cocoa mix (I think it was the chocolate bark recipe?) in one slot in an ice cube tray (or make a dozen for later) and chill. Then stick one piece in the middle of the batter prior to cooking. Or, wait until the batter's done cooking and stick the chocolate in a hole in the muffin and wait a few seconds for it to warm up and melt.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast