Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate mug cake question page 3

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Darz View Post
    What's the texture like on your cakes - is it like a normal sized cake or is it different because mine's are quite strange they are somewhat spongy but not it the same way as a regular cake.
    Mine are much like a regular cake. There is another mug cake I've made as b-day cake that has coconut and almond meal in it and that totally tastes and acts like a regular cake!

As for baking - most mug cakes you can put in cupcake pans and bake at 350 for around 20 min - give or take 5 min on either side depending on how big your cakes are and how your oven runs.
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Well, yesterday, I accidentally managed to get a liquid core in cake though it was horrible - I left it for too long in the microwave at a temperature much higher than usual and the taste of the cake was terrible - the cake rose excessively and overcooked everything except the middle and core - utter rubbish.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I sometimes just eat the batter uncooked. It's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by CleoCat View Post
    I sometimes just eat the batter uncooked. It's really good.
    Interesting because the other day while I was preparing the batter I decided to put it in the fridge for an hour, as an experiment, to see if it would get a mousse-like consistency and it did - though I didn't try it and tossed it into the microwave.

Well I've finally got what I wanted - I took your suggestion Curlygirl by adding the nut butter in the middle and this is what I did - I beat the egg whites until stiff then fold them with the egg yolk and then add cacao/coffee - mix everything and put the peanut butter in the middle, though it's not as malleable as almond butter - 1' 15'' at medium high in the microwave and it turned out with the best texture (fluffy yet firm but not rubbery) most likely due to the beaten egg whites, and the peanut butter in the middle was perfect for it did not solidify.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I made this tonight. It was so yummy. Tasted just like a little chocolate cake. I made the basic recipe, no fancy stuff. This would be delicious eaten in the mug topped with ice cream. I just need to make some paleo ice cream.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    These sound absolutely perfect to go with our banana "ice cream" - and idea I got from MDA (and which my children are completely hooked on). I peel and freeze some bananas, then using half a banana per person and some coconut cream, I put them in my food processor and whizz until completely smooth - delicious and simple! I thought I might try making some strawberry "ice cream" like this ...

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    The strawberries will work because I've made banana-strawberry and coconut cream "ice cream" the same way you've made the banana flavor.

What I was thinking is next time I make the little cuppy cakes I will put a spoonful of goat cheese or cream cheese or maybe a square of extra dark chocolate in the middle. Then it will have a melty surprise in the middle. I bought some special short and wide coffee cups at the thrift store yesterday just for making these again.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    I've been using a "mug" cake for my PWO protein blast as of late.

2 eggs
    2(sometimes 3)TBSP Almond butter
    1 banana
    1 TBSP coco powder.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    How much does this taste like banana? I really dislike bananas.

Does anyone have a similar recipe withOUT banana?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast