Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate mug cake question page 2

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darz View Post
    The ingredients are basically those - eggs, almond butter, cacao powder but with different amounts - and I also add cacao nibs and cashews for crunchiness - but today I tried by adding coconut milk and it did became more moist; must try with a courgette as well. How do I get a molten core with a microwaved cake?
    When I microwave mine for enough time, it is cakey all the way through. If I don't, it tends to be more "fudgy" in the middle. There was one time I accidentally did not get the nut butter well enough mixed, and it definitely had a molten taste and texture to it. Let me know what you come up with. I'll try to play around with that a little for you too!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Zucchini makes anything moister as it is mainly water and has almost zero taste! I use it in anything that needs moisture. You can puree it in a processor and it becomes liquid or grate and use it that way and it can be more of a moist filler. I grow zucchini so I always have lots that need used!
    Good to know - thanks!

LissaKa is offline Junior Member
    I usually start with 30 seconds and then stir then cook in small increments until desired doneness. Stirring makes it ugly and more like scrambled egg consistency but I don't care what it looks like. I usually pour a little something moist over it too.

Darz - yes! This worked. See if it was what you were looking for. Tastes great! Paleo Musings: YUM, "No cheat, not-the-Hostess Cupcakes" Recipe and photos at link. Nut butter and chocolate were used for the filling.

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by curlygirl View Post
    Darz - yes! This worked. See if it was what you were looking for. Tastes great! Paleo Musings: YUM, "No cheat, not-the-Hostess Cupcakes" Recipe and photos at link. Nut butter and chocolate were used for the filling.
    Wonderful, I shall try that this week; I like what I see there

getfit is offline Junior Member
    Can a mug cake be made in the oven or only the microwave (which I don't use/own)? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by getfit View Post
    Can a mug cake be made in the oven or only the microwave (which I don't use/own)? Thanks!
    I've thought about the same thing, my guess would be that it would work though you'd have to find the correct time and temperature for it and it'd probably take a bit longer.

How come your cakes are so dark? I've been using raw cacao powder and it's much lighter in colour as opposed to Dutch process cacao which becomes darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Darz View Post
    How come your cakes are so dark? I've been using raw cacao powder and it's much lighter in colour as opposed to Dutch process cacao which becomes darker.
    I had that too until I started using Hershey's unsweetened dark cocoa. To be honest, I like the taste of the dark better too. It's cheaper than what I used to buy. Can't beat that.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What's the texture like on your cakes - is it like a normal sized cake or is it different because mine's are quite strange they are somewhat spongy but not it the same way as a regular cake.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast