Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The grains - human adaption? page 2

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The main enemy in grains is phytic acid, lectins, and gluten. Most grains contain good amounts of these 3 things. Instead of searching why grains are bad try searching for why the things grains contain are bad. You will still find somewhat mixed results on the topic though.

This is a good start

Why Grains Are Unhealthy | Mark's Daily Apple
    Last edited by statikcat; 07-13-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Gluten risks for non-celiac folks - PaleoHacks.com

All the studies you would ever want and more outline the problems with gluten in no celiac patients.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods unborn son View Post
    statikcat: I agree with you, thank you for the reply.

All: where is the link/study that shows that grains as a food actually are, undisputedly, bad for the human species. No "might/could/maybe/probably/may be the reason for/in some circumstances has shown to be" a cause for cardio vascular disease/obesity/all the bad shit that is going on in western society regarding health/sickness.

Why do paleo/primal people gladly eat a shitloads of bacon (which is quite some processed food) whilst avoiding rice/oatmeals/white potatoes (all natural clean foods)? (provided that there is no obesity problem to be overcomed)

I am not trolling, I am really keen to understand why this is the case since I am primal eating myself. Fundamentalism? Lack of information? "I define myself by what I eat"? Further, non native english so sorry for typos.
    If your looking for undisputed ANYTHING then there is not in a single scientific study....you have to compile data and come to your own conclusions. Sorry, No shortcuts for you....start here Google Scholar

It's my opinion that grains are substandard and not fit for human consumption based on the data.

Many in the primal/paleo comunity eat rice and potatoes if they do not have metabolic issues and are active.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post

All the studies you would ever want and more outline the problems with gluten in no celiac patients.
    Nice list.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post

Why haven't you posted this link before?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Why haven't you posted this link before?
    Because I have posted plenty of others.
    Because I don't spend all my time researching what is unhealthy for me.
    Because I don't spend all my tme researching what is healthy for me.
    Because I train hard everyday
    Because I walk everyday
    Because I work a lot
    Because I climb
    Because I am too busy cooking.
    Because I like to read fiction not just studies
    Because I make my decisions based on informed studies, then as I want/need more information I may research further.
    etc
    etc
    etc
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-13-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

FrankiG is offline Member
    Not mention...not all paleo/primal people are gung-ho about processed meats like bacon and sausage. I don't consider those 'health foods' and instead they are sometimes-treats (maybe twice a month I will get a small package of bacon to split among our family of 4).

The main point of primal is eating healthy, whole foods that nourish our bodies and energy without making us sick. That *should* mean plenty of vegetables, clean animal proteins, healthy fats, fruits, nuts/seeds. When people talk about 'i feel awesome on paleo and I eat 1/2 lb of bacon a day with eggs' but neglect the whole realm of vegetables honestly I don't htink it's healthier (and honestly might be less healthy long-term) than T. Colin Campbell's vegan diet prescription - b/c at least his diet includes lots of vegetables!
    Teacher and Homeschooler
    One husband of 9 years,
    Two kids (6 & 3)
    Pregnant with #3, due this summer

Going primal resolved my anxiety symptoms!!!

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankiG View Post
    Not mention...not all paleo/primal people are gung-ho about processed meats like bacon and sausage. I don't consider those 'health foods' and instead they are sometimes-treats (maybe twice a month I will get a small package of bacon to split among our family of 4).

The main point of primal is eating healthy, whole foods that nourish our bodies and energy without making us sick. That *should* mean plenty of vegetables, clean animal proteins, healthy fats, fruits, nuts/seeds. When people talk about 'i feel awesome on paleo and I eat 1/2 lb of bacon a day with eggs' but neglect the whole realm of vegetables honestly I don't htink it's healthier (and honestly might be less healthy long-term) than T. Colin Campbell's vegan diet prescription - b/c at least his diet includes lots of vegetables!
    I can't argue with this. And the bacon and sausage folks are also the ones that post "Why are my cholesterol numbers so bad???" threads.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    I can't argue with this. And the bacon and sausage folks are also the ones that post "Why are my cholesterol numbers so bad???" threads.
    Most of the time its just a misunderstanding on what " good" cholesterol is. If your ratios are healthy, optimal cholesterol is much higher than what cw tells you..yes i have posted studies on this in other threads, yes if you understand what cholesterol does it follows common sense, and no im not reposting them for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12