Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal hostility and some other side effects of loosing weight page

Luce is offline Senior Member

Primal hostility and some other side effects of loosing weight

Primal Fuel
    When I corrected my diet and got more primal (drop the cereal, reduce sugar, welcome coconut and goodbye scum) my body changed a bit but other changes were more important for me -and I'm not talking only about cellulite melting down but less infection better recovery from liver complications, less fog, diminished gut problems (though I'm still so working on it). So friends followed -some of them under whip menace and I have long whips).
    One of my friends was slow to get on it, having bad times with pasta and bread, sweets and juices, but in time managed to loose weight and what's more important stay awake (he would sleep through dinners, and sometimes even all day, foggied and down). His brother -who was fighting long term depression and stress dissorders- was a lot more responding once he got into it. Maybe because he dropped e verything cold turkey -alcohol, grains, sugars, fruit, dairy and whatever processed food he was having previous to his challenge. He dropped something like 17 kg in less than three weeks, got lean and strong like magic -yeahy I hate him lol.
    Their friends, all of them overweight/seriously overweight/obese got into harassing them, bullying cereals into their eating patterns because "carbs are good for you and sweet potatoes are not good enough" and having a "reunion" just to express their concerns because of them becoming anorexic. Every time my friends get wheat or too much sugar they just go depressed, gut disturbed, puffy faced and uneasy but this company of them just say it is because they grew unacustomed to "real food" (like light coke, juices, pasta and pizza).
    Any of you ever dealt with things like this? My family goes my way when I make choices because they trust my judgement and see results, but this people even while touching with hand the benefits of staying clean is not only refractory but even hostile. This is causing stress to the guys so I'd like to know if someone has a better strategy than I do to deal with this situaltion.
    I told them to bring their own dinner (sweet potatoes wrapped in bacon and steak strips) so their friends would see they eat their carbs and are not calory/nutrients short by any means, but this only sent the craw up the wall because "fat is bad for your system". They insisted on them taking clinical tests (they have become blood donnors and doctors congratulated them because of their shiny perfect results) and baffled by the outcome pretend to force some other more invasive further testing (they are out of their minds if they think a doctor will perform muscle biopsy on a healthy guy just because they think it might confirm who knows what).

Luce
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    If your, or your friend's friends are not aligned with your goals, or at least don't try to keep you from achieving your goals, get new friends. I refuse to associate with people that try to force me into their way of thinking and living.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I think it is very fucking weird that "friends" have so much concern that they want you to take tests. All primal is doing is eliminating: processed foods which everyone knows are not good for you unless you are delusional, and 2. whole grains which millions of people can't tolerate anyway. The fat consumption is probably less then the average american that eats McDonalds and processed foods anyway.

When I tell people I'm primal, I leave out the fat part and tell them how much whole grains bother my system.

And why did your friend drop fruit? Eating fruit is primal.

If I had a friend that was consistently an asshole about me eating meats, veggies, fruits and sweet potatoes while they ate pizza and coke I'd eliminate them from my pool of friends very quickly.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Give them a little primal hostility and tell those busybodies to mind their own business.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Luce is offline Senior Member
    One of my friends has serious sugar downs, so he keeps his fruit intake very low. Sweet potatoes and some basmati rice are not a problem though so he gets his carbs from those when he feels like carbing up. He really looses weight fast if he doesn't get a huge calory intake, I guess his body is compensating years of inflamation and building muscle as fast as it can -his body changed so much and his mood improved in ways I can't even describe.
    The other one is building muscle, which he needs when working (he deals with children, adolescents and adults with development disturbances and as soon as he is good he is getting the more troubled/violent ones). He just falls sleep and foggy when he eats carbs, it's worse when those are from fruit or squash: that's not good when you work with a violent teenager who is big enough to stab you with a fork or seriously harm other kids.
    I never cared about what people thinks, it just surprises me how they would say aspartame is a safe food condiment while coconut oil is bad for your system, or teach me nutrition while eating white pizza with mayo and chips (bleah). I will eat my liver wrap as soon as I get hungry, but I really never get hungry so I guess it will be a long wait.

Luce
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you need new friends, dude.
    I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I'd exclude the fact that I eliminated fruit from my diet when I talk to people.

Schadenfreude, a funny word, damage and joy. Every day there are videos posted, showing people getting hurt and getting damaged, often by their own fault.

Studies show people enjoy the damage done to their friends even more than the damage done to strangers. I guess that is because it is better to see others failing and beeing happy that there is someone i know who is more miserable than me.

And than some people lie in their own face. Ever heard someone saying how happy he is beeing fat? It is no problem at all for me, i accept myself the way i am.
    Seeing someone else having problems makes them happy too. It is better they feel worse so I can tell myself, i am good.
    Now someone making his way out of tha grave we dig for our whole life. Thats a bastard who simply can not succed. Not even ones best friend
    First if someone shines than me, cous afterall I am the mainact of this life, they shall not. And if they can change they endanger me, cous it only shows i could too.
    But if they fail, no need for me to face my own demons, no need to change.

What stays is schadenfreude.

spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    These people are not friends

They are toxic aquaintances

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^QFT

If your friends' friends are trying to drag them down, you need to point out to your friends what the hell their friends are eating. Ultimately, it's their choice, but I have a feeling if they've seen these improvements, they're gonna continue eating healthy. At best, they might need a little help staying strong for a little bit, but they'll eventually see those foods for what they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast