Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal hostility and some other side effects of loosing weight page 2

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If someone dared to tell me that the food I'm eating is unhealthy, I'd think they had lost it because it's a no brainer that organic meat and veg are healthier than pizza and chips.

Luce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    If someone dared to tell me that the food I'm eating is unhealthy, I'd think they had lost it because it's a no brainer that organic meat and veg are healthier than pizza and chips.
    Well, people never says anything about what I eat/cook because after ten years in a particular routine -due to end stage kidney D- they've learnt not to dare it. This gets me to avoid explaining grapefruit is bad for me most of the times
    My friends on the other hand are well behaved nerds who want desperatly to get fit and avoid becoming the tipical itralian pizza/pasta/bread bloated guy who struggles to make it through the day without a serious ammount of coffee and refills -they are not all like that but then their group is a little worse than I described). They are slowly accpting the fact that change is not always welcomed by our "friends" and will have to decide how to deal with it, but for the look of it there's no way they're falling off the bandwagon right now.

It's amazing, people, how they behave; not unexpected but anyway surprising how far they would go to protect their ego.
    I mean, a muscle biopsy? Are you kidding or what?
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I ignore it completely.

Honestly, I eat what I want to eat, how I want to eat, and not amount of "interventions" is going to change that.

When we went primal/paleo, a friend of mine was doing 'south beach phase one' which is primal/paleo. And she kept going on and on "but you need carbs! but you need carbs!" And it's like "dude, our diets are *the same!* and she's like "but mine is temporary! you can't do it forever!"

and I was like "yeah, ok." and let it drop.

two years later, I'm still doing my thing, and she does a "cleanse" once a year to loose weight, and then comes off of that with SB, and then goes back to "normal, healthy (CW) eating" and gains back the weight that she lost over several months of cleansing and dieting, and then does it again next year. In fact, she's in her *third* go-around now.

And she said to me "what is your secret? why is it that you never really gain any weight, you always look lean? you look great!" And I said "I dunno. I mostly just eat good food, sleep, and get decent exercise."

She's CW, exercise 2 hrs daily (gym) M-F, sleeps about 6-7 hrs. Then, when she's on her "cleanse/diet" phase, she's exercise 3 hrs daily M-F, cleanse/SB diet, sleep about the same.

Seems to me that she's over-exercising and under nourishing, but -- since she won't listen to me and I have no need to convert her to my ways, I simply let it go entirely. If she wants to know, she'll figure it out. Afterall, she's on my FB page, and I post MDA things occasionally.

My cousin just started paleo/primal -- it's helped a lot, but they still keep eating cheerios (the cereal, not the sausages for those of you here in NZ/Oz). *facepalm*. But, they're doing better overall, since that's pretty much the only grain they are getting.

HazelPrimalNut is offline Junior Member
    I've learned to say nothing, especially to my family (except my little bro who is very open to Primal). If I mention primal in front of my sister she gets really angry with me and tells me to shut the f*ck up. She is overweight, I'm not. She does weight watchers but always gives up and never seems to be able to shift the weight. I can understand her frustration so I just don't talk about it any more. I still see her bristle when I order a salad and ask for no bread but feck her, I can't be ar$ed explaining it to my family any more. When I go to their house I eat the food they give me cos if I don't it will cause an argument. I'm lucky in that my family have always been into cooking and they don't serve terribly bad food, just a lot of pasta, bread and rice that I try to avoid. Also here in Ireland all cattle and lamb are grass fed so I never have to worry about the standard of meat which is very reassuring.

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, some people are more adamant than others. Eventually, they'll wear themselves out; just ignore them and tell them it's ridiculous to ask for a muscle biopsy, and see what they have to say in another onth or two.

Zoe, those people seem almost more painful than the ones who try to tear down a diet. It's simply what needs to be done, but you just have to sit there and watch them spin their wheels, and hope they'll stop long enough to slip some cardboard under their tires.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    I thought this thread, going by it's title, was about Primal people going all agro. But no, it seems the aggressors in question are carb lovin "friends".

As a joke, I'd print up or hand write an index card & keep it in my back pocket, to whip out on such occassions when enquiring minds want to know about the contents of my plate...

It'd say, "Grains & other excess carbs make me uncontrollably mean & grouchy. This meat on my plate is the only thing keeping me from losing it & going all Hannibal Lechter on your face."

Luce is offline Senior Member
    Zoebird I have the same here, people wondering how I deal with all the prednisone and heavy meds I need to take, I don't even try anymore but listening to people complaining about weight after they just had ate whole baskets of bred plus a pizza and dessert can be annoying.
    HazelPrimalNut irish meat is great, I get it whenever I can
    Betorq low carbers don't get sugar downs plus have less motive to complain about their body shape, people with sugar addiction on the other hand can go all to pieces by the sight of steak with veggies and no mashed potatoes -true story.

Lately I found out after all the curse of kidney disease/dialysis and well, the blessing of having a new kidney after almost ten years has a sunny brilliant side: when I eat I always can resort to medical motives and people just shuts up.
    My friends are at home now, their parents are offended they've got thin without medical advice. Part of the problem is they have issues with weight and health but think it's all about age. CW sucks sometimes, big time.
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12