Thread: New Primal from Columbus, OH page

jfellrath is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hi all,

I'm Jamie, from Columbus, Ohio. I am a new Primal Blueprinter and I'm working my way through the book now. Normally I'd wait till I actually finished the book before posting, but in this case I tried the Primal Blueprint to a certain extent with good results a couple years ago at the recommendation of a starch-free diet by a fitness guru I follow (Matt Furey).

Though I was feeling great, I sort of fell away from it because the plan didn't have all the in-depth nutritional REASONS behind it that PB does, and therefore I didn't necessarily understand it. Now I'm back and doing my best to hit 80/20 each week!

On the other hand, it's neat to have the reasons behind stuff I've been doing to some extent for so long spelled out so clearly. When gurus agree with each other it makes their advice that much more valuable.

I look forward to great discussions here!

Jamie

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member

Welcome Jamie! I'm rather new here too, only been doing PB for a few weeks now.

I'm originally from Columbus & living in NC now. You are really lucky to have so many Whole Foods, farmer's markets and North Market for food shopping!

and of course...GO BUCKS

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

jfellrath is offline Junior Member

I actually live next door to the Clintonville Community Market - I can get at least my organic produce at almost any time! But yeah, we do have a good crop of markets to get top notch food from. Whole Foods, Wild Oats (though I guess they're owned by the same company now), all the stuff you mentioned. Even Giant Eagle has a good selection of organic meats and produce now, which makes it even easier.

I'm actually a Notre Dame man, myself...

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member

Oh the Clintonville Co-op! Even better! I lived in Clintonville for a year & totally forgot about that shop.

I will refrain from any further sports discussion. :Þ

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry