Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight and cardio training page 2

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    Too much lifting. Increase the weight and decrease the reps. Get rid of the cardio unless you love it, do sprints instead. Check out Starting Strength or Strong Lifts (i think that's the other one).
    Yep. You can probably get a lot stronger than you are (based on those #s) with about 90% less volume- two or three lifts 3x5, three days a week. Squat 270x4 sounds pretty good though - is that a full, deep (hips lower than knees) barbells squat? All the rest you can probably increase substantially in just a few months of Starting Strength.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    You want to get bigger/stronger. Clean up your diet, stuff your face and seriously simply your program. You're killing me with 9-10 sets of fuckin' curls. Squats/Deadlift/Bench/Press/Chin Ups (weighted). Throw in a couple sets for traps and calves and that would be it. It's not all bad though, at least you are squating.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

RaiseFitness is offline Junior Member
    Agreed with Josh above. Do some sprint intervals and heavy weight, rest more, and build those abs with eating right. No need to do abs 3 days per week. If you are lifting heavy enough, you won't be able to sustain the amount you do. I do chest work once every 6 days, and I end with a set of 2 at 285, and I weight 144.

Damian is offline Junior Member
    Everyone is saying to lift heavier, but how heavy? what workouts should i do, what days to correlate with muscle groups and weight/reps and what about cardio? just kill it? and nobody has said anything about the protein powder i take. Pro complex...

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Everyone is saying to lift heavier, but how heavy? what workouts should i do, what days to correlate with muscle groups and weight/reps and what about cardio? just kill it? and nobody has said anything about the protein powder i take. Pro complex...
    You should follow the Starting Strength program detailedhere - The Starting Strength Novice/Beginner Programs - Starting Strength Wiki to the letter and eat tons of real food including plenty of animal protein. That's what the previous 8 posters have said.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Okay, I looked over this. how many weeks can you cycle this workout till you Plateau? and what is the alternatives?

CE402 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Okay, I looked over this. how many weeks can you cycle this workout till you Plateau? and what is the alternatives?
    You can run liniar progression for 3-6 months, typically. Depending on your dedication, drive, and ability to recover.

After 6 months, then you can address either going onto a maintinance program because you've achieved your goals, or switching to an advanced program like 5/3/1 or Texas Meathod.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron147 View Post
    I am planning to start doing morning cardio, and i am wondering if it is good or bad,
    should i take protein before???
    is this best way to stay healthy and fit or any other way ...???
    Cardio is good if you don't want to build muscle mass, when you run your body leaches nutrients from your muscles. if you run for 30+ minutes then it will start to burn fat instead of leaching from your muscles for energy. after you workout would be the best time to take protein if you work hard enough. If you take protein without working out hard you will gain weight, and not from muscles... run on an empty stomach, don't run after you eat, and don't drink a lot because this will lead to cramps. avoid cramps by stretching, try to aim for everything in you're legs and mid section.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No, cardio is not good...especially if it's long, slow distance. Shorter-duration, high intensity sprint workouts along with lots of slow movement (walking, bike riding, etc.) yield better results with fewer joint problems.

If you eat plenty of whole protein sources you shouldn't need to supplement. If you do feel the need to, after your workout would be the best bet. You will not gain weight from taking protein unless you aren't working out at all, and you do actually need to keep yourself hydrated. THAT will help to avoid cramps, not the opposite.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12