Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 9

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The most rewarding aspect of taking this Paleo journey has been that I have been able inspire some of my friends to improve their health. I just spoke with a very good friend for the first time in a couple of months. He told me he has been following my diary on Facebook and has adapted a mostly Paleo diet after seeing my results and has lost over 20lbs. It made my day!

If you really want to understand the causes of the obesity epidemic take a few moments and watch this incredible series of videos created by the University of California - I urge everyone to view these videos and pass it on to family and friends.

The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 1): An Epidemic for Every Body - YouTube

Here's a great blog post on Grains - nice, simple and easy to understand - great to forward to those just beginning the Paleo Journey.

The Grains Debate – How Good For You Are They, Really? | WellnessFX

BillVick is offline Junior Member
    It's great to see another Paleo Geezer and like you (I'm proud to be one) I'm seeing the Paleo lifestyle change my life. I saw where you're doing the Murphy which sounds like a great challenge. I'm doing something similar but different. First I'm 74 and Paleo (actually Primal) has saved my life which I have written about elsewhere and a link will follow this short post. My goals are 1) winning an AAU Masters swim next spring, 2) winning a 5K for my 75th birthday next April and 3) re-qualifying for the USMC Force Recon physical fitness test I last took 55 years ago on my 75th birthday. It consists of 20 pull-ups, 50 pushups in one minute, 70 sit-ups in two minutes plus a 3 mile run in 18 minutes. With the exception of the pull-ups (I'm having a hard time moving beyond 14) and the run I'm on target. I swim 2,000 or more yards twice a week, do sprints and 30 minute fartlek runs 3times a week and lift aggressively twice a week. Paleo is really a life changing experience! The link I mentioned is an interview in Paleo Magazine follows and keep chugging! http://www.paleomagonline.com/2012/0...ire-bill-vick/

BillVick is offline Junior Member
    It's great to see another Paleo Geezer and like you (I'm proud to be one) and I'm seeing the Paleo lifestyle change my life. I saw where you're doing the Murphy which sounds like a great challenge. I'm doing something similar but different. First I'm 74 and Paleo (actually Primal) has saved my life which I have written about elsewhere and a link will follow this short post. My goals are 1) winning an AAU Masters swim next spring, 2) winning a 5K for my 75th birthday next April and 3) re-qualifying for the USMC Force Recon physical fitness test I last took 55 years ago on my 75th birthday. It consists of 20 pull-ups, 50 pushups in one minute, 70 sit-ups in two minutes plus a 3 mile run in 18 minutes. With the exception of the pull-ups (I'm having a hard time moving beyond 14) and the run I'm on target. I swim 2,000 or more yards twice a week, do sprints and 30 minute fartlek runs 3times a week and lift aggressively twice a week. Paleo is really a life changing experience! The link I mentioned is an interview in Paleo Magazine follows and keep chugging!

http://www.paleomagonline.com/2012/0...ire-bill-vick/

Quote Originally Posted by BillVick View Post
    It's great to see another Paleo Geezer and like you (I'm proud to be one) and I'm seeing the Paleo lifestyle change my life. I saw where you're doing the Murphy which sounds like a great challenge. I'm doing something similar but different. First I'm 74 and Paleo (actually Primal) has saved my life which I have written about elsewhere and a link will follow this short post. My goals are 1) winning an AAU Masters swim next spring, 2) winning a 5K for my 75th birthday next April and 3) re-qualifying for the USMC Force Recon physical fitness test I last took 55 years ago on my 75th birthday. It consists of 20 pull-ups, 50 pushups in one minute, 70 sit-ups in two minutes plus a 3 mile run in 18 minutes. With the exception of the pull-ups (I'm having a hard time moving beyond 14) and the run I'm on target. I swim 2,000 or more yards twice a week, do sprints and 30 minute fartlek runs 3times a week and lift aggressively twice a week. Paleo is really a life changing experience! The link I mentioned is an interview in Paleo Magazine follows and keep chugging!

http://www.paleomagonline.com/2012/0...ire-bill-vick/
    Hi BillVick, thanks for dropping by! Sounds like you're doing great and have set some exciting goals. It would be so cool if you re-qualified for the USMC physical fitness test at 75 - that would deserve a story all on its own. Wishing you the best of luck with IPF, stay in touch and keep me updated on your progress.

If you've never tried buffalo meat, here is a great recipe...Yum!

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness...-20120813.html
    Last edited by canuck416; 10-03-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Day 216 on the Paleo Diet - Weight 167 lbs. Hit the iron at the gym for the first time in well over 6 months - felt good!! Up until now I have relied on body weight strength exercises - pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, squats for strength training. Combined with sprint and hill intervals, some running and hiking. Several people at they gym couldn't believe the change in my physique, said I must have been really hitting the weights. When I told them what I was doing they were blown away, I told them I was following the Paleo diet and that I'm convinced 80% of developing a good physique is a great diet. The owner of the gym wants me to do a talk on the diet and my results - thinking of starting a Paleo club at the gym - very cool!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome!

I'm also glad to hear about Bill Vick's amazing process. Way to go, old timers! I want to be awesome when I grow up, too.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    That's awesome!

I'm also glad to hear about Bill Vick's amazing process. Way to go, old timers! I want to be awesome when I grow up, too.
    Thanks Zoebird! Still waiting to grow up, not sure when that will be ha ha!

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast