Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 8

Sugarisatoxin is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hello canuck416, You're awesome. A real inspiration! I am 62 and 350lbs. I am a constant failure at this Paleo/Primal lifestyle thing but I won't give up. I hate this fat and the way I look. I hope I can make it before this weight takes me out.

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarisatoxin View Post
    Hello canuck416, You're awesome. A real inspiration! I am 62 and 350lbs. I am a constant failure at this Paleo/Primal lifestyle thing but I won't give up. I hate this fat and the way I look. I hope I can make it before this weight takes me out.
    You can do it Sugarisatoxin! Don't think about the long journey, just one day at a time and before you know it you will be down 100 lbs. Its not unrealistic for you to be at 250 within a year. Its never to late to regain your health. Wishing you much success!

I'm going to start adding meditation to my daily routines as well as experimenting with High Performance Yoga (Check out Steve Ilg's incredible book Total Body Transformation). Some new adventures in my journey to great health!

"Total Body Transformation" by Steve Ilg

Just finished a sprint workout using a resistance sled. Wow! Pretty intense. I was over at the high school track and notice a pulling sled on the football field and asked if I could try it out. I would love to use something like this on a consistent basis and see how it improved my conditioning. Here's an interesting link I found that reviews this training tool.

Conventional Sprints or Resisted Sprints?

In order to maximize fat loss, we must elevate growth hormone secretion, minimize insulin spikes, improve muscle insulin sensitivity, and keep cortisol under control. This is best achieved by keeping training sessions brief, brutal, basic and intermittent.

If you are looking to step up your training intensity to maximize fat loss and not sure where to start, here is a some good info that may help.

HIT, HIIT...or HIIRT

HIT, HIIT…or HIIRT? | Ancestral Momentum
    Last edited by canuck416; 09-22-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Sugarisatoxin is offline Junior Member
    How do you get motivated to do such intense exercise? I went for a 2 mile bike ride and thought I did something. I am thinking of doing some free weights for upper body strength. Keep your updates coming they encourage me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarisatoxin View Post
    How do you get motivated to do such intense exercise? I went for a 2 mile bike ride and thought I did something. I am thinking of doing some free weights for upper body strength. Keep your updates coming they encourage me.
    Don't worry about intense workouts in the beginning. At least 80% of your initial weight and fat loss is due to your diet. High intensity training is something you should do once you have closed in on your target weight and after you have built a good base of fitness.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I just wanted to say you're pretty freaking inspiring. I linked this thread to my mom and her husband, who are just starting out with eliminating wheat (good start). Also, I'm half your age, in fantastic shape, and I'm pretty sure your Murph time is faster than mine. Keep it up!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I just wanted to say you're pretty freaking inspiring. I linked this thread to my mom and her husband, who are just starting out with eliminating wheat (good start). Also, I'm half your age, in fantastic shape, and I'm pretty sure your Murph time is faster than mine. Keep it up!
    Thanks Mr. Anthony! I hope I can inspire your parents. Wishing you and your parents all the best!

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast