Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 7

denise is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Day 187 - I was able to take 20 seconds off my MURPH time yesterday. (run 1 mile, 100 Pull-Ups, 200 Push-Ups, 300 Squats and a 1 mile run combination in 35:03).

6 months into the Paleo approach to nutrition and exercise has resulted in a 48 lb weight loss. Needless to say I pretty much need a brand new wardrobe! The last time I weighed 165 lbs was my last year of high school.

I have been involved in the health and fitness industry since my 20s and its hard to believe its taken me this long to really understand the key to weight management. We are programmed to be healthy, we just need to get back, as closely as possible, to our ancestral diet and let our body gravitate to it's healthy set point. Eating a clean diet, eliminating gluten containing grains, trans-fats and foods that contain excess additives and sugar will free up our body's natural desire to be healthy. Simple really.
    Oh now come on, if you keep getting faster like this I'll NEVER catch you! (

Awesome time, I will aim for another improvement next week!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denise View Post
    Oh now come on, if you keep getting faster like this I'll NEVER catch you! (

Awesome time, I will aim for another improvement next week!
    Ha Ha! I am sure you will continue to improve. It's nice to have someone to share experiences with...Thanks!

Just finished some intervals at the track before this photo was taken - 6+ months into adapting Paleo diet and training.(60 years old) 6 Months Paleo photo 2.jpg
    Last edited by canuck416; 09-09-2012 at 10:50 PM.

jpartie is offline Junior Member

Talking

Nice job
    I'm 54 going on 60! Can I join in?
    Start weight after relapse was 221lbs on 13 aug 12
    Today 213 so good start
    Thanks for your inspiring post
    I hope to get 180lbs ish
    I am 6'2" with skinny legs and arms
    Fat belly and chest
    John in England

Quote Originally Posted by jpartie View Post
    Nice job
    I'm 54 going on 60! Can I join in?
    Start weight after relapse was 221lbs on 13 aug 12
    Today 213 so good start
    Thanks for your inspiring post
    I hope to get 180lbs ish
    I am 6'2" with skinny legs and arms
    Fat belly and chest
    John in England
    Absolutely! Wonderful to hear from you. Great start, you will absolutely get into the 180's if you adopt the Paleo/Primal diet and exercise plan. Feel free to check out my logged experience at my Facebook page link below. Hopefully it will be of help and provide some motivation. Best of luck!

Paleobird Guest
    That wolf whistle you hear coming from the south is me. Looking good.

Just had to post these two links. Inspired me to embrace the Movnat movement. A true Paleo approach to exercise...Enjoy!

The Workout The World Forgot - YouTube

MovNat is for everyone! - YouTube

Are you Sprint Adapted?

If you have embraced a Paleo/Primal lifestyle then you know what the term "Fat Adapted" is. But how many of you have become sprint adapted? It's initially challenging to move outside your comfort zone and start to incorporate sprints into your weekly fitness activities but like going through the process of becoming fat adapted the results will amaze you. It will take you about 2 to 3 weeks to adapt to sprinting but once you do you will look forward to the exhilaration of maximum effort. Take your time and build up to it, starting at 70% efforts and let your body adapt over time, there is no rush. There are many incredible biochemical and physiological changes that take place once you have become sprint adapted not the least of which is a tremendous boost in HGH. Sprinting re-ignites our ancestral genes in many unique and positive ways.

PrimalCon New York
    If you are looking to reduce body fat then consider high intensity interval training. Repeated high-intensity exercise sessions over 6 weeks (2 d·week) is a powerful method of increasing whole-body and skeletal muscle capacities to oxidize fat and carbohydrate in previously untrained individuals.

Sprinting is definitely the fountain of youth for seniors. Driving up Testosterone and Human Growth Hormone. After 3 or 4 weeks you will feel like you are in your 30s. Start easy and gradually build intensity until you can handle 8 to 10 100 yd sprints with a 1 minute walking/slow jogging rest in between reps. I usually jog a mile to the track as a warm up, do the first rep at about 70% and gradually increase until I'm going all out by rep #5. There is no rush to get up to 8 reps, take your time and build slowly!
    Last edited by canuck416; 09-19-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast