Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 56

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onthepath View Post
    Thanks for the link canuck416.

Awesome undertaking, great journey.....
    Glad you enjoyed it. Very exciting to see these two succeed and promote an anti-sugar message.

I've adopted a new workout style recently in which I just go with what I feel like doing. Rather than stick to a dogmatic progressive workout I just do what feels right that day. Today I thought that a run on the nature trail at the local park followed by 5 sets of 10 pull-ups, 30 push-ups and 50 body weight squats sounded good. Yesterday I felt like I needed a rest and tomorrow who knows? Maybe start off with some yoga and then head to the gym and do some heavy lifting or head to the track for some sprints. I'm really enjoying my works and the freedom, feels more like play!

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Canuck, you are a beast. I could never try your new approach, I know all too well that the workout I feel like doing would soon degenerate into the regimen of 12 oz curls performed in a semi-prone position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rig D View Post
    Canuck, you are a beast. I could never try your new approach, I know all too well that the workout I feel like doing would soon degenerate into the regimen of 12 oz curls performed in a semi-prone position.
    Ha ha! I hear you. For me these exercise days are like play, I'm able to do my workouts with more intensity because they are fun and spontaneous.

The island of Sardinia not only has a large number of people who live to be more than 100, but it is also one of the few places in the world were men live as long as women. Sardinians called for formal recognition of their diet insisting that “the secret to a long life can be found in their traditional diet of lamb, roast piglet, milk and cheese”

https://statin-nation.squarespace.co...his-blue-zones

I've been envisioning living in an environmentally friendly and sustainable off the grid primal community consisting of mid size homes surrounded by organic gardens and fruit trees with pastured animals located in a temperate climate. Would want enough power generated to enjoy some modern conveniences (internet connections etc). If any one hears of such a community being built or in existence please let me know.Thanks! - johnsaville21@gmail.com

Off Duty is offline Member
    Canuk,

Sounds like a Paleo Utopia
    If you hear of one, sign me up as well (LOL).

I have to say that you are an inspiration to me.
    I started Paleo/Primal and Cross-fit at the age of 56.

Had to drop the CF for about 8 months due to a rotator cuff injury, and have only recently gotten back to training.
    I agree with you, that doing what feels right, seems to take the drudgery out of training.

I do a modified CF routine a couple of times a week, and set up my own WOD's. Three (3) days a week (time and duties allowing), I do TRX. All bodyweight and I absolutely love it!! Once or twice a week, when I feel it's "right", I'll do an "old school" weight routine. I can't really run like I used to, due to a military induced knee injury, but I can ROW like a mad man!

When others would run 100m in CF, I was rowing 400m.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks. Both for the information, as well as the "inspiration."
    Stay at it brother and keep posting!!

OD
    "Live Primally, Train Practically, Prepare Tactically..."

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    “the secret to a long life can be found in their traditional diet of lamb, roast piglet, milk and cheese”
    [/url]
    Mmmhmm, I could eat like that

Quote Originally Posted by Off Duty View Post
    Canuk,

Sounds like a Paleo Utopia
    If you hear of one, sign me up as well (LOL).

I have to say that you are an inspiration to me.
    I started Paleo/Primal and Cross-fit at the age of 56.

Had to drop the CF for about 8 months due to a rotator cuff injury, and have only recently gotten back to training.
    I agree with you, that doing what feels right, seems to take the drudgery out of training.

I do a modified CF routine a couple of times a week, and set up my own WOD's. Three (3) days a week (time and duties allowing), I do TRX. All bodyweight and I absolutely love it!! Once or twice a week, when I feel it's "right", I'll do an "old school" weight routine. I can't really run like I used to, due to a military induced knee injury, but I can ROW like a mad man!

When others would run 100m in CF, I was rowing 400m.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks. Both for the information, as well as the "inspiration."
    Stay at it brother and keep posting!!

OD
    Thanks for dropping in Off Duty! Great to hear you've been able to get back to your training. I'll let you know when I find Paleo Utopia ... Ha Ha!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Mmmhmm, I could eat like that
    I know, me to. Now I want to visit Sardinia!

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast