Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 53

Beth249 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't stop I just found you! As a mature woman ( read older than dirt) just really dedicating myself to Primal you are so inspirational.

Besides that, I'm trying to get Husband Into it. I showed him your picture. He asked, "do you think I could do that?" Of course he could! He's always been active and powerful, but the last five years he's become a carb eating, round, sugar-eating, round machine.

We have an awesome life that is currently being threatened by both of our sliding health's.

Folk like us, need you.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth249 View Post
    Don't stop I just found you! As a mature woman ( read older than dirt) just really dedicating myself to Primal you are so inspirational.

Besides that, I'm trying to get Husband Into it. I showed him your picture. He asked, "do you think I could do that?" Of course he could! He's always been active and powerful, but the last five years he's become a carb eating, round, sugar-eating, round machine.

We have an awesome life that is currently being threatened by both of our sliding health's.

Folk like us, need you.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Wow, thanks for the positive feedback Beth! Hopefully your husband jumps on board. Wishing the two of you all the best!

Did it! Accomplished my personal fitness challenge of building up to 10 sets of 10 Pull-ups, 30 Push-ups an 50 Body Weight Squats - totaled 100 pull-ups, 300 push-ups and 500 body weight squats in 29:48. Time to enter into a new phase of training, I'll give it some thought over the weekend and come up with a plan on Monday.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I enjoy your thread also, even though I don't post to it. I will be 59 this July.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I enjoy your thread also, even though I don't post to it. I will be 59 this July.
    Great to hear from you Lynna! Thanks for dropping by.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Did it! Accomplished my personal fitness challenge of building up to 10 sets of 10 Pull-ups, 30 Push-ups an 50 Body Weight Squats - totaled 100 pull-ups, 300 push-ups and 500 body weight squats in 29:48.
    Well done! Great effort mate.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Some sad news as my Dad passed away this week. So I'm heading back up to Ontario Canada for the funeral. It'll be great to see all my brothers, sister and relatives whom I haven't seen since 2010. Bracing for the "What you don't eat bread" or "come on a little desert won't hurt you" comments that I am sure are coming my way from a rather rotund group of relatives.

onthepath is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Bracing for the "What you don't eat bread" or "come on a little desert won't hurt you" comments that I am sure are coming my way from a rather rotund group of relatives.
    Condolences from a fellow Canuck, lost a favorite Uncle to cancer recently.

Tough sledding.

I understand the food comment as well.

Went to a function the other night at a Greek restaurant that our family has patronized for years and ordered beef souvlaki and Greek salad (which I did not even want to have for obvious reasons but ate regardless)...

"What no Pita/Potato's/Rice/Hummus et cetera" - was all I heard the entire evening.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by onthepath View Post

"What no Pita/Potato's/Rice/Hummus et cetera" - was all I heard the entire evening.

Sigh.
    Thanks for the condolences onthepath. Going to a restaurant is one thing, attending a family get together where people put their hearts into preparing a "good" meal is particularily tough.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry for the loss of your Dad, Canuck. I hope you do have a very special time with your relatives.

Fantastic effort on the fitness goals! Totally inspirational.

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast