Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 52

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nice to hear from you Rig D and Mr. Anthony you know I always follow your posts as well. I'll probably keep posting, after all it's kind of ingrained in my weekly habits.

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Good stuff, I'd hate for you to break an excellent habit!

All right everyone, time for a fitness challenge. I'm building up to 10 tri-sets of 10 pull-ups, 30 push-ups and 50 body weight squats with a 1 minute rest between sets. Just did 6 sets today and will add one set every workout and should be at 10 sets by the end of next week. Anyone else up for this? Think I will post this in the fitness section of the Forum as well.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    If my livelihood didn't depend on my ability to walk, I'd be all over this. I've been doing workouts like this lately!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    If my livelihood didn't depend on my ability to walk, I'd be all over this. I've been doing workouts like this lately!
    Hi Knifegill, I was getting a bit stale and decided to shake things up a bit. I just did 7 Tri-sets this afternoon, adding one each workout so I should get there by the end of next week. 7 was pretty intense, surprisingly it was the squats that hurt the most.

JeronimoJim is offline Junior Member
    That is really something. This'll stay with me, I'm gonna have a bad guilt trip if I'm weak and soft and arthritic at 60. Just more evidence that health at a high age isn't just possible, it's probable if you follow a good diet and have a good regimen. Congratulations! You really deserve your success.

I'm probably correct in guessing, though, that you have previous sports/athletic/military experience? Can't put my finger on it, but you seem like that kind of guy. Great work in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by JeronimoJim View Post
    That is really something. This'll stay with me, I'm gonna have a bad guilt trip if I'm weak and soft and arthritic at 60. Just more evidence that health at a high age isn't just possible, it's probable if you follow a good diet and have a good regimen. Congratulations! You really deserve your success.

I'm probably correct in guessing, though, that you have previous sports/athletic/military experience? Can't put my finger on it, but you seem like that kind of guy. Great work in any case.
    Hi there, thanks for dropping by the thread! I have always been into fitness in some form or another whether it was sports or general fitness training and even doing some consulting in the fitness industry over the years. However a couple of years ago I had let my fitness slip and my weight gradually creeped up along with my blood pressure, due primarily to my diet. At the end of a rather long day sitting in front of the computer my wife came in and said that I needed to take charge of my health, that I was developing a belly and I just didn't seem to have the same energy and attitude I used to. So I did some research discovered the Paleo diet, re-invigorated my workouts, dropped 40 lbs and rediscovered the real me! As I've said a few times in this thread, I believe the Paleo/Primal diet impacts those over 50 the most.
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-19-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Anyone else up for this?
    Not at present as the bloody Sciatica is back again. At least I am managing to keep off painkillers by doing the stretches I learned when it was full blown a few months ago. Now I'm not sure what's waking me up most during the night. The pain when I roll over or my wife's snoring!
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Not at present as the bloody Sciatica is back again. At least I am managing to keep off painkillers by doing the stretches I learned when it was full blown a few months ago. Now I'm not sure what's waking me up most during the night. The pain when I roll over or my wife's snoring!
    Probably the snoring! Hubby snores and he's about to get the permanent boot to the couch. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [QUOTE=edennperez1;1483818]Probably the snoring! Hubby snores and he's about to get the permanent boot to the couch. ��]

Ha Ha...Nothing wrong with getting separate bedrooms to ensure a good nights sleep.

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast