Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 50

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I heard this statement today "There are too many people counting calories and not enough people counting chemicals"....so true, set a zero tolerance for added chemicals to your food and watch the weight drop off.

THIS is a must watch. Michael Pollan talks about his new book "Cooked" and argues that cooking is one of the simplest and most important steps people can take to improve their family's health, build communities, fix our broken food system, and break our growing dependence on corporations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX7kwfE3cJQ#t=493

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    THIS is a must watch. Michael Pollan talks about his new book "Cooked" and argues that cooking is one of the simplest and most important steps people can take to improve their family's health, build communities, fix our broken food system, and break our growing dependence on corporations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX7kwfE3cJQ#t=493
    I read the book pretty recently. It is a good and informative read. I especially enjoyed the section on fermentation. He has a good article on our codependent biota here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/ma...anted=all&_r=0

I especially like the end of the article where he gets the researchers at the cutting edge of this work to talk about what changes they have made in their lives (tho they were reluctant to make prescriptions based on nascent research).

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    I read the book pretty recently. It is a good and informative read. I especially enjoyed the section on fermentation. He has a good article on our codependent biota here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/ma...anted=all&_r=0

I especially like the end of the article where he gets the researchers at the cutting edge of this work to talk about what changes they have made in their lives (tho they were reluctant to make prescriptions based on nascent research).
    Thanks for the interesting link!

SherryB is offline Junior Member
    This is really encouraging to see anybody over 50 that is successful at this lifestyle. When I read about 24 year olds being successful, I think to myself.... well I think "things" to myself!

Quote Originally Posted by SherryB View Post
    This is really encouraging to see anybody over 50 that is successful at this lifestyle. When I read about 24 year olds being successful, I think to myself.... well I think "things" to myself!
    Ha Ha....You know I really believe embracing a Primal approach to life has a far greater impact on those over 50. I have many friends in this age group that have radically improved their health and overcome diseases through the Primal diet.

Hi Everyone...An exciting documentary movie called "Fed Up" directed by Stephanie Soechtig and executive producers Katie Couric and Laurie David (fedupmovie.com) is a powerful movie about our diets. They don't say eat Paleo but that is what they are suggesting. Very exciting mainstreaming of most of the ideas we hold dear in the Paleo/Primal movement. Being released in theaters on May 9, 2014. This will be a real catalyst for change...Bank on it!

Here's the trailer.... www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCUbvOwwfWM
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-25-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    No illnesses for two years since giving up wheat, rye, barley and oats. Now, two colds in a month. Looking on the bright side, I have been examination invigilating in a school so able to share my gift with others.......
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Cavedude is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Amazing! Congrats and "Grok On!"
    "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast