Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 5

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Hi, Canuck416: Just thought I'd respond and start by congratulating you: Your physique is amazing. One thing that struck me about your post is that my day is almost identical to yours, which is interesting to me. I'm female, 48 and been paleo for 7.5 weeks. I'm just wrapping up my 2nd, "Whole 30". Since about week 4, I've fallen into a pattern of eating a late breakfast around 11- 11:45am and then nothing until dinner around 5-6pm. I exercise daily. I've lost 12lbs and around 7". Now that the fat is falling off, I'm switching gears and really focused on my daily workouts which I look forward to. I mix up the workouts with some hiking, walking, weights etc. There's much work still to be done. My focus is not 100% on weight: My focus is on creating a body what is low in fat, muscular and powerful. I think I'm ready to post a 7.5 week photo in the next day or so and will search for a 'before photo' which, by most standards, wouldn't be considered all that bad. I am very disciplined and have always worked out but an MBA education over the past years has reduced me to a softer state than I would normally find acceptable. Anyway, I'm back on the path to a more powerful body and I'm looking forward to tracking the measurements now. As a final thought, I would again just like to congratulate you on your state of health, and the discipline that you quite obviously demonstrate. Cheers, louisa
    Awesome! Thanks for the insight into your Paleo experience, sounds like you are making great progress. On a personal note I weighed in this morning at 167 lbs which is what I weighed during my last year of high school, but like you my focus is no longer on weight but on being strong, healthy and fit. It's great to hear your story and I look forward to seeing your photos. All the best.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Wow, looking hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post
    Wow, looking hot!
    Thanks! (blush)

Wow, after plateauing in the 168 to170 lb area for 3 weeks, I suddenly dropped to 165. Diet is still basically the same, perhaps a few less carbs a couple of days last week, but I did start taking 500 mcg of Kelp based iodine per day. It could just be coincidental but still it makes you wonder if it stimulated my thyroid in some way. Also I added another interval session at the track last week. I haven't weighed 165 lbs since high school!
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-27-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Cornemuse is offline Junior Member
    You're an inspiration! An encouragement (if I needed one) to continue on the Paleo path.
    I'm a 63 year old woman, just three weeks into my reformed eating system. In this short time I have lost 18 lbs, despite enjoying a variety of tasty real food and never feeling hunger.
    My digestion has improved - never even thought of reaching for my customary antacid - and no nasty bloated feeling.
    Just a thought regarding grains ...
    My husband's horse cannot tolerate being bedded on straw - he coughs continually, and we can only put it down to the chemicals they spray the crops with. We've tried wheat, barley, oat straw - all with the same result. He's now on woodchip, and never coughs now. So tell me ... if a large animal like a horse can be so badly affected by simply lying on straw from the grains we are encouraged to eat, what sort of effect does it have on us if we're actually expected to EAT the stuff? Never again, no way.
    I feel so much better after just three weeks of this lifestyle change (not diet!) that it's a sheer joy to follow.
    Thanks for your example.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    You are indeed living the Forever Young way!!

Awesome!!

This is what its all about!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornemuse View Post
    You're an inspiration! An encouragement (if I needed one) to continue on the Paleo path.
    I'm a 63 year old woman, just three weeks into my reformed eating system. In this short time I have lost 18 lbs, despite enjoying a variety of tasty real food and never feeling hunger.
    My digestion has improved - never even thought of reaching for my customary antacid - and no nasty bloated feeling.
    Just a thought regarding grains ...
    My husband's horse cannot tolerate being bedded on straw - he coughs continually, and we can only put it down to the chemicals they spray the crops with. We've tried wheat, barley, oat straw - all with the same result. He's now on woodchip, and never coughs now. So tell me ... if a large animal like a horse can be so badly affected by simply lying on straw from the grains we are encouraged to eat, what sort of effect does it have on us if we're actually expected to EAT the stuff? Never again, no way.
    I feel so much better after just three weeks of this lifestyle change (not diet!) that it's a sheer joy to follow.
    Thanks for your example.
    Congratulations...It's so exciting to hear your story! Keep in touch regarding your progress. (I agree with you regarding grains - highly recommend the book "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    You are indeed living the Forever Young way!!

Awesome!!

This is what its all about!!
    Thanks! 60 is the new 40 if you adapt a Paleo/Primal lifestyle.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Thanks! 60 is the new 40 if you adapt a Paleo/Primal lifestyle.
    LOL, I'm aiming for "60 is the new 30" (and holding...)

I'm planning on skydiving to celebrate my 100th birthday; only 45 years till then!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    LOL, I'm aiming for "60 is the new 30" (and holding...)

I'm planning on skydiving to celebrate my 100th birthday; only 45 years till then!
    Sounds great! I might just join you.

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast