Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 49

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear from you Nigel...Glad to hear your Sciatica is clearing up. Have a great time in Belgium!

I LOVE this quote:

"The power of healing is within you. All you need to do is give your body what it needs and remove what is poisoning it. You can restore your own health by what you do -- not by the pills you take, but by how you choose to live."

Dr. Terry Wahls

Taking a break from the gym for a couple of weeks and getting outside to my local park for some Simple Fit body weight workouts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday...

Simple Fit #1 - max rounds in 20 min
    5 pull-ups
    10 push-ups
    15 squats

Simple Fit #2 – 5 rounds for time
    10 pull-ups
    30 push-ups
    50 squats

Simple Fit #3 - for time
    50 pull-ups
    100 push-ups
    100 squats

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Taking a break from the gym for a couple of weeks and getting outside to my local park for some Simple Fit body weight workouts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday...

Simple Fit #1 - max rounds in 20 min
    5 pull-ups
    10 push-ups
    15 squats

Simple Fit #2 – 5 rounds for time
    10 pull-ups
    30 push-ups
    50 squats

Simple Fit #3 - for time
    50 pull-ups
    100 push-ups
    100 squats
    Good on ya, man. I have started a 60 day challenge which I think I saw on Nerd Fitness. Day #1: one pull-up, one lunge, one pushup. Add one of each every day for 60 days (i.e., on day #60, you would do 60 pull ups, 60 lunges, 60 pushups. break into however many sets and reps makes sense for you). I am on day 11. Which means I am 1/6th of the way there (on days, not volume - ha!)

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Good on ya, man. I have started a 60 day challenge which I think I saw on Nerd Fitness. Day #1: one pull-up, one lunge, one pushup. Add one of each every day for 60 days (i.e., on day #60, you would do 60 pull ups, 60 lunges, 60 pushups. break into however many sets and reps makes sense for you). I am on day 11. Which means I am 1/6th of the way there (on days, not volume - ha!)
    Interesting, keep me posted on your results. Do you think you will break down your pull-ups into 6 sets of 10? Wishing you the best!

I did Simple Fit Day 2 today. By the time I got through the last set I was definitely in oxygen debt. The total for the workout was 50 pull-ups, 150 push-ups and 250 squats - completed the workout in 16:45. I start by running about a half mile to the park as a warm-up and the half mile home as my cool-down.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Interesting, keep me posted on your results. Do you think you will break down your pull-ups into 6 sets of 10? Wishing you the best!

I did Simple Fit Day 2 today. By the time I got through the last set I was definitely in oxygen debt. The total for the workout was 50 pull-ups, 150 push-ups and 250 squats - completed the workout in 16:45. I start by running about a half mile to the park as a warm-up and the half mile home as my cool-down.
    Yeah, I am hoping for 6 sets of 10 and not the other way around

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE this quote:

"The power of healing is within you. All you need to do is give your body what it needs and remove what is poisoning it. You can restore your own health by what you do -- not by the pills you take, but by how you choose to live."

Dr. Terry Wahls
    Great quote! If only everyone would just DO this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Great quote! If only everyone would just DO this.
    I agree. For me this is why I embraced the ancestral health lifestyle. I believe it eliminates the poisons and provides the body with the building blocks necessary for peak health.

Cavedude is offline Senior Member
    You're a machine! Nice work! My mother is 62 and going primal. I Hope she gets results like you! Congrats
    "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavedude View Post
    You're a machine! Nice work! My mother is 62 and going primal. I Hope she gets results like you! Congrats
    She will be amazed at the changes in her health. I really believe the Primal diet has its biggest impact on those over 50. Send her my best wishes!

Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast