Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 44

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I was wondering about this book; thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I'll grab it. Is it diagram - heavy, or am I fine getting the Kindle version, if it's available?

Sent via lightsaber
    Kindle version will work fine. Let me know what think. There is much to discuss in this book.
    Last edited by canuck416; 12-19-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Check out this outstanding video by Tom Naughton - one of the best I've seen. You will want to share it with friends and family if you are trying to help them understand why you eat the way you do....

Diet, Health and the Wisdom of Crowds - YouTube

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Check out this outstanding video by Tom Naughton - one of the best I've seen. You will want to share it with friends and family if you are trying to help them understand why you eat the way you do....

Diet, Health and the Wisdom of Crowds - YouTube
    Excellent video, thanks for sharing it. I sent it along to friends and family. I thought the first 12 minutes regarding "the anointed" was particularly interesting and relevant to many aspects of life and the world we live in today. Of course the nutritional aspect rung true to me.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by APPLEGIRL View Post
    Excellent video, thanks for sharing it. I sent it along to friends and family. I thought the first 12 minutes regarding "the anointed" was particularly interesting and relevant to many aspects of life and the world we live in today. Of course the nutritional aspect rung true to me.

Happy New Year, everyone!
    Glad you found it interesting, hopefully your friends and family do as well. Happy New Year!

Just completed another year of Paleo/Primal living! Couple of things I've noticed - absolutely no seasonal allergies and all arthritis gone in my shoulders for the whole year, pretty amazing really. I've had a great year of fitness training but slacked off a bit over the last month. I felt like I needed an easy month to rekindle the juices and now I feel fired up and ready for the new year. My focus this year will be to maintain my core strength gains, add some periodized endurance training and focus on hip and shoulder mobility through yoga. On the nutrition front I want to eat mindfully and support local small farms and make every effort to eat vegetables and fruit seasonally. Also pay particular attention and make every effort to get my meat and poultry from sustainable humane local farmers. Wishing you all a happy, healthy and successful New Year!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    And a healthy happy and successful year to you too. The goals sound great.

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Great goals on the food sourcing. We have found a fabulous local farm that provides our grass fed beef, - and gives me all the marrow bones I need for free! We have a great source for eggs. Difficult finding chickens that are affordable and I'm ready to give up on pork completely, as I simply can't find any clean source. I'm not going to mail-order my food. Thankfully we have a freezer full of venison coming from a friend.

My goals are continued weight loss and getting more fit.
    I'm 20lbs down from last year. Feel much better, although I do have an aching shoulder that I'm hoping will heal. Continuing to work on getting more fit to continue climbing the Adirondack High Peaks next spring (another 10-20 lb loss will be a huge factor). The ascent isn't a big problem, but the descent is murder on my knees, so I really need to take off that additional weight.

We all do the best we can. Have a happy and successful New Year!

Thanks for sharing your goals Applegirl! Wishing you much success this coming year. Glad to hear you are sourcing local foods.

One thing I forgot to mention was that I just read Death by Food Pyramid and it has convinced me to eat more organ meats this year - highly recommend the book.

PrimalCon New York
    I love the start of a New Year! Full of the optimism and excitement that comes with new beginnings. After a very relaxing December it's time to ramp up the training and set some new goals. The next 5 weeks will be focused on eliminating alcohol and any sweet (Paleo friendly deserts). Fitness training will be as follows:

Tempo Runs - Monday, Wednesday and Friday Mornings
    Hill Repeat Intervals - Tuesday and Thursday
    Weight Training - Legs - Monday and Thursday afternoons
    Weight Training - Chest and Back - Tuesday and Friday Afternoons
    Weight Training - Shoulders and Arms - Wednesday and Saturdays

Yoga - Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Best wishes to all of you on your health improvement journeys - let's go out and make it a great year!

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast