Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 43

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    I agree. I have come to really like walking and actually dislike driving since losing my car almost 12 months ago.

My walk home takes about an hour, seems like time well spent.

Once a week I take a hike in the mountain, that's about four hours of walking usually, though last week was more like 8. It really sets me up for the week.
    Thanks for dropping in Annieh. Just visited both your journals and thoroughly enjoyed your comments, recipes and Primal adventures! Seems like we are on somewhat parallel journeys in many ways. You live in truly one of the most beautiful countries, your photos and descriptions of your hikes have convinced me to make a visit to New Zealand in the future.

One of the skills our paleolithic ancestors required for survival was adaptability and a wide range of skills, this has been true throughout human history. In our rapidly changing world the importance of adaptability is paramount and we can learn some important lessons from our more recent Renaissance ancestors. Despite the corporate world’s insistence on specialization, the workers most likely to come out on top are generalists...

Want to be a Peak Performer? Think like Leonardo Da Vinci by John Saville - Peak Performance Radio

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Living in a small town has re-introduced me to the joy of walking, everything we need is within about a mile of our house.
    The shopping outlet and one supermarket is a bit over a mile but easily walkable for me. I carry a rucksack the mile or so to town Monday to Friday and do any shopping we need. When the weather's nice my wife and I will walk to the outlet to see if there's anything we want to need.

Being retired (although I've got job interview next Wednesday, December 4th) I have time to stop and chat if I meet somebody. Mind you, I hit the shops at just on 08:00 when they open so there's usually nobody I know about!

Treated myself to a pair of waterproof (Goretex) Merrell lightweight running shoes recently. REALLY comfortable to walk in.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    your photos and descriptions of your hikes have convinced me to make a visit to New Zealand in the future.
    After getting her degree, younger daughter went walkabout for a bit over a year and a quarter, visiting Australia (over a year), New Zealand, Rarotonga, Hawaii and Los Angeles. She preferred New Zealand to Australia. We had a month in Oz 11 years ago and have decided we will have to visit New Zealand too. We must also get back to the USA and visit friends, not to mention Canada and relatives in Vancouver......
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Great TedX about the incredible growth in food allergies in children. Something all parents (and Grandparents) should take a few minutes to watch.

Robyn O'Brien at TEDxAustin 2011 - YouTube

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Canuck, I watched it. It was very moving, and also very confirming that I am not crazy to be trying to feed my family the best quality food that I can. it really matters.

My children were born 1990-2000 (in NZ, thankfully). Big changes even here, especially in the years since then. I look around, kids just don't seem to be the thriving little people they really should be, and teens too.

It is very very possible to live simply here on primarily real foods, if you have the right awareness, but if you are unaware, then all too easy to end up like that lady feeding her children blue yoghurt without question.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Canuck, I watched it. It was very moving, and also very confirming that I am not crazy to be trying to feed my family the best quality food that I can. it really matters.

My children were born 1990-2000 (in NZ, thankfully). Big changes even here, especially in the years since then. I look around, kids just don't seem to be the thriving little people they really should be, and teens too.

It is very very possible to live simply here on primarily real foods, if you have the right awareness, but if you are unaware, then all too easy to end up like that lady feeding her children blue yoghurt without question.
    You are right Annieh, it really does matter. I am working on my daughter and son-in-law who have 2 year old twins. They were premature and only able to be with us today because of the outstanding doctors and nurses at the hospital. However, they are very protective and go strictly by their doctors recommendations. Doctors know how to deal with emergencies and catastrophic care but are hopelessly out of touch when it comes to diet, so I present the non CW approach carefully, this video should help.

Are you afraid of Paleo/Primal success and what that will mean if you commit to this way of eating for life?

Embracing fear is the most important consciousness shift needed to success.The more successful you are the stronger the fear becomes. People will sabotage themselves so they don’t have to feel the fear anymore. This is my blog on Fear of Success and is not Paleo/Primal focused, however it does relate to those of us who are on the journey to Paleo/Primal success.

Overcoming the Fear of Success By John Saville - Peak Performance Radio

Just finished reading "Death by Food Pyramid" by Denise Minger. Wow! It definitely changed my views on some of my eating habits. I'm going to greatly reduce eating muscle meat and embrace nose to tail eating - definitely eating more liver, heart and kidney and will experiment with other options. Also I'm going to tune into how I'm feeling, respect my genetics and not fall under the spell of groupthink. Just as we shouldn't outsource our thinking to gurus and federal branches of government that don't always have our best interests at heart, we shouldn't outsource the interpretations of our experiences to minds other than our own.

Do yourself a favor and read the book - Death by Food Pyramid - Primal Blueprint
    Last edited by canuck416; 12-19-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I was wondering about this book; thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I'll grab it. Is it diagram - heavy, or am I fine getting the Kindle version, if it's available?

Sent via lightsaber

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast