Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 42

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Decided to challenge myself to doing 100 squats in one go. Expected to have to train for it. Wrong again, stopped for lunch at 102.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Awesome!

Sent via lightsaber

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Awesome!
    Thank you! New challenge is 100 press ups. LOooooonnnnngggg way to go with this one.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Thank you! New challenge is 100 press ups. LOooooonnnnngggg way to go with this one.
    Awesome on the squats Nigel! I did the 100 non stop pushups, it took me about 2 months to build up to it. Go for it!

My latest blog on the Peak Performance Site - I believe it's a timely message for school administrators, teachers and parents. Please read and pass it on - Thanks!

Academic Peak Performance - It

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Go for it!
    Not at the minute. Woke up in the middle of Tuesday night with excruciating pain down the back of my left leg from bum to calf. Came on the interweb Wednesday morning and it's classic symptoms of Sciatica. Started stretching exercise straight away, now got medication and am sitting on a hot water bottle. I can walk with no problem, in fact it gets rid of the pain. Hopefully I'll be right by this time next week, sooner preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Not at the minute. Woke up in the middle of Tuesday night with excruciating pain down the back of my left leg from bum to calf. Came on the interweb Wednesday morning and it's classic symptoms of Sciatica. Started stretching exercise straight away, now got medication and am sitting on a hot water bottle. I can walk with no problem, in fact it gets rid of the pain. Hopefully I'll be right by this time next week, sooner preferably.
    Sorry to hear about your Sciatica Nigel, hopefully you'll make a quick recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    hopefully you'll make a quick recovery.
    On the mend. When I opened the shower door this morning I suddenly felt better. Left leg started to twinge again a few hours later but as long as I stretch I am keeping the pain at bay. If I am able to I will start the press up training during my Monday workout.

Living in a small town has re-introduced me to the joy of walking, everything we need is within about a mile of our house. During my walk to the gym today I reflected on how enjoyable a walk can be. I encourage everyone to give it a try it can be magical, can't recommend it highly enough. I read that Plato and Aristotle did much of their brilliant thinking together while ambulating. The movement, the meditation, the health of the blood pumping and the rhythm of footsteps. This is a primal way to connect with ones deeper self.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I agree. I have come to really like walking and actually dislike driving since losing my car almost 12 months ago.

My walk home takes about an hour, seems like time well spent.

Once a week I take a hike in the mountain, that's about four hours of walking usually, though last week was more like 8. It really sets me up for the week.

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast