Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 4

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    You're awesome. A real inspiration! Thank you for the continued posts.
    Thanks ERC...Good luck on your journey!

This is a great interview with Mark. Many of you may have already seen it, but if not it is a must see!

Low Carb Paleo With Mark Sisson | DietDoctor.com

It's interesting to note that I posted this thread as an invitation for those 60 and over to provide some feedback and share their experience on their Paleo/Primal journey and have not had any responses from anyone in that age group. Not sure if its because there aren't many people 60+ doing Paleo or that this age group doesn't frequent the internet. Most of bloggers are in their 20s through 40s it seems.

perennialpam is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    It's interesting to note that I posted this thread as an invitation for those 60 and over to provide some feedback and share their experience on their Paleo/Primal journey and have not had any responses from anyone in that age group. Not sure if its because there aren't many people 60+ doing Paleo or that this age group doesn't frequent the internet. Most of bloggers are in their 20s through 40s it seems.
    Hi Canuck:

Sorry that when posted to your journal I did not identify but I am very close to moving to Medicard age (Dec.). I have lived the primal life since Jan. 2011 and have lost and kept off 15 lbs. I do not post pics and mine surely would not look like how good yours do. From years of yoyo dieting I have extra skin and have not begun the PB workout suggestions. I know, I know. I mean to but....

I have recently recommitted to following the plan a tad more closely; meaning, no alcohol or grain products. While I have managed to stay away most often, I still find it difficult during the summer living on a lake and with picnics and in potluck group settings. I still have not committed to the workout plan. I'm not a couch potato, honest.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I'm 55 Canuck, can you wait 5 years?

Nice one mate - you look ass-kickingly great. Excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I'm 55 Canuck, can you wait 5 years?
    Ha Ha! Sure, great to have you on board!
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-23-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perennialpam View Post
    Hi Canuck:

Sorry that when posted to your journal I did not identify but I am very close to moving to Medicard age (Dec.). I have lived the primal life since Jan. 2011 and have lost and kept off 15 lbs. I do not post pics and mine surely would not look like how good yours do. From years of yoyo dieting I have extra skin and have not begun the PB workout suggestions. I know, I know. I mean to but....

I have recently recommitted to following the plan a tad more closely; meaning, no alcohol or grain products. While I have managed to stay away most often, I still find it difficult during the summer living on a lake and with picnics and in potluck group settings. I still have not committed to the workout plan. I'm not a couch potato, honest.
    No problem, thanks for letting me know. Good luck on your re-commitment to Paleo! Keep me posted on your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanCoder View Post
    Nice one mate - you look ass-kickingly great. Excellent work.
    Thanks CavemanCoder! Appreciate the compliment.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, Canuck416: Just thought I'd respond and start by congratulating you: Your physique is amazing. One thing that struck me about your post is that my day is almost identical to yours, which is interesting to me. I'm female, 48 and been paleo for 7.5 weeks. I'm just wrapping up my 2nd, "Whole 30". Since about week 4, I've fallen into a pattern of eating a late breakfast around 11- 11:45am and then nothing until dinner around 5-6pm. I exercise daily. I've lost 12lbs and around 7". Now that the fat is falling off, I'm switching gears and really focused on my daily workouts which I look forward to. I mix up the workouts with some hiking, walking, weights etc. There's much work still to be done. My focus is not 100% on weight: My focus is on creating a body what is low in fat, muscular and powerful. I think I'm ready to post a 7.5 week photo in the next day or so and will search for a 'before photo' which, by most standards, wouldn't be considered all that bad. I am very disciplined and have always worked out but an MBA education over the past years has reduced me to a softer state than I would normally find acceptable. Anyway, I'm back on the path to a more powerful body and I'm looking forward to tracking the measurements now. As a final thought, I would again just like to congratulate you on your state of health, and the discipline that you quite obviously demonstrate. Cheers, louisa
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast