Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 38

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's great to hear people have been following the thread.

Here's my latest blog on the Peak Performance site - I hope you find it interesting and helpful....

Wholistic Fitness

I posted this in a new thread in Odds and Ends, but thought it deserved re-posting here.

Technology Overload - Let's create a technology break each day.

I believe getting back in touch with our primal ancestry requires unplugging from technology for awhile each day. This video is a mirror on our use of the smart phone. My advice...put down the damn phone!....It won't hurt you to disconnect from technology for an hour or two each day.

How many of you take a technology break each day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OINa46HeWg8

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I don't necessarily take one every day, but I pretty regularly go stay in a tent way up in the mountains and camp and fish or hunt. I usually don't even have phone reception for a couple of days straight. It's kind of a pain when I get back and have tons of calls, emails and texts to respond to, but I freaking love being absolutely unavailable for a couple of days. I wouldn't even know if our country got attacked or something during that time.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I don't necessarily take one every day, but I pretty regularly go stay in a tent way up in the mountains and camp and fish or hunt. I usually don't even have phone reception for a couple of days straight. It's kind of a pain when I get back and have tons of calls, emails and texts to respond to, but I freaking love being absolutely unavailable for a couple of days. I wouldn't even know if our country got attacked or something during that time.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    Wow that sounds great! I love camping in true wilderness, not these camping cities that have all the modern conveniences. When I lived in Canada I would get away into pure wilderness by canoe and spend up to a couple of weeks by myself or with a buddy - bear, moose, beaver, otter and the howling of wolves at night were our companions. It was magical!

geckotreefrog is offline Member
    Fabulous, Canuck! I like your FB paleo page, too. (The evolution picture w/ the obese man holding a soda cup is the best)!

Quote Originally Posted by geckotreefrog View Post
    Fabulous, Canuck! I like your FB paleo page, too. (The evolution picture w/ the obese man holding a soda cup is the best)!
    Great! Glad to have you on the thread. Hope your journey is as positive and rewarding as mine has been!

Hi everyone, here is my latest blog on the Peak Performance site. This is not a Primal/Paleo focused blog but it is on the importance of executing on a plan to create success in anything you choose to accomplish. A lot of people build a vision, set goals and develop a strategic plan, but unfortunately most do not follow through.

This a blog about how to get'r done!

Execution

and our August Newsletter -

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=6202045c87
    Last edited by canuck416; 09-01-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Do you have low testosterone? Surprisingly this is can an issue for both men and women beginning as early as their 30s.

Low testosterone is a common challenge faced by many men and yes even women today. Your ability to perform at your peak will be severely impacted unless you take charge of this important aspect of your health.

How do you know if you might have low testosterone?

• If you experience muscle loss or inability to gain muscle.
    • If you experience fat gain.
    • If you are fatigued or have sleep problems.
    • If you have gynecomastia (male breasts).
    • If you experience hot flashes.
    • If you have night sweats.
    • If you have low sex drive and weak erections.
    • If you are irritable.
    • If you are depressed.
    • If you have memory problems.

Get your T-levels checked!

If you are alive today you almost certainly have elevated estrogen and low testosterone levels. Testosterone levels are falling worldwide at astronomical rates. Most of the food you have been eating for you entire life has estrogenic effects. Your milk and beef is modified with hormones, fruits and vegetables are sprayed with pesticides and herbicides, your water is laced with estrogen enhancing chemicals, soy has been shown to raise estrogen levels and is an ingredient added to almost all processed foods and a large percentage of all food and drink is stored in plastic which seeps estrogen enhancing chemicals.

In the U.S., the total testosterone levels measured in men’s blood dropped 22% between 1987 and 2004. Approximately 30 percent of men ages 40 to 79 are now affected by hypogonadism, also called androgen deficiency.

Studies published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, the journal Diabetes Care, the journal Heart and other major medical journals show that low testosterone levels not only lead to obesity, loss of muscle, weak bones and depression, but also increase the odds of heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and other major health problems.

In addition, low testosterone levels are correlated with decreased confidence, drive, ability to concentrate, and cognitive abilities.

The bottom line: Most men and even some women – and especially those over 30, who have been exposed to toxic chemicals or potent medications – need to maintain their testosterone levels to keep their health, power and confidence.

A primal diet that avoids foods contaminated with pesticides, herbicides and hormones, avoiding soy and food stored in plastic containers that seep estrogen producing chemicals and eating an abundance of healthy fats and quality protein are important steps to optimizing Testosterone levels. Adding a Primal exercise program of heavy lifting and sprints will further stimulate Testosterone production.
    Last edited by canuck416; 09-01-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I've been away a while assessing a couple of teams doing their Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award expeditions in the Lake District last week. Got back, did some washing, then picked up my wife from our older daughter's yesterday.

Picture taken from Dale Head last Tuesday.

Nigel

Dale Head.jpg
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Uselis is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello sir,

I don't know if its proper place to ask so sorry in advance if I spammed the thread

Reading whole thread seems you're doing most of the time low carb even with wieght trainning. So I want to ask is 150g carbs (with some starch on harder days) for normal weight male is safe amount to target? I do 3 times strength trainning but not using any weights just some gymnastic stuff, sprint once, walk a bunch and play once a week. Not looking to loose weight just in general feel good and eat without restricting myself.

Thanks

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast