Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 37

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    If you need some variety and are looking to change up your fitness program, give this a try - a recent blog I did for the Peak Performance site...

Metabolic Physique Conditioning

Some thoughts and reflections on my Paleo Journey...

Since adopting the Paleo/Primal lifestyle I've dramatically increased my support of local farms (organic when possible), become interested in gardening and composting, provided support for community gardening and developed an increased overall awareness of our interconnection with nature. I've taken time to visit some of our local organic farmers, learning how they work the land and how amazingly tuned in they are to their animals. Physically I've embraced a very diversified approach to fitness combining strength, cardio and yoga and periodized my training and diet macros throughout the year and added intermittent fasting. I've also added meditation to the mix and I am focusing on being more mindful. Mindfulness changes the lenses of our worldview. Increasing our focus on doing even mundane activities tends to open whole new worlds of spiritual perception. My suggestion is to not go on auto-pilot, just going through the motions without really being them. It is a shame to have no spiritual liaison with your workout or diet, I think this is why most people quit on fitness programs. No one is teaching people how to draw spiritual depth and emotional rewards for their efforts. My Paleo journey has evolved from a way to lose a few pounds to a search for true physical and emotional well-being.

Wow! Over 30,000 views and only 362 comments and most of them have been mine...Ha Ha! Not sure if this thread is helping or providing inspiration to anyone but I guess I'll stick with it a bit longer as it's sort of been like a journal and helped me clarify my thinking and record significant milestones.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Wow! Over 30,000 views and only 362 comments and most of them have been mine...Ha Ha! Not sure if this thread is helping or providing inspiration to anyone but I guess I'll stick with it a bit longer as it's sort of been like a journal and helped me clarify my thinking and record significant milestones.
    I'm betting you're inspiring WAY more people than you think you are. Keep on truckin'.

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Some thoughts and reflections on my Paleo Journey...

Since adopting the Paleo/Primal lifestyle I've dramatically increased my support of local farms (organic when possible), become interested in gardening and composting, provided support for community gardening and developed an increased overall awareness of our interconnection with nature. I've taken time to visit some of our local organic farmers, learning how they work the land and how amazingly tuned in they are to their animals. Physically I've embraced a very diversified approach to fitness combining strength, cardio and yoga and periodized my training and diet macros throughout the year and added intermittent fasting. I've also added meditation to the mix and I am focusing on being more mindful. Mindfulness changes the lenses of our worldview. Increasing our focus on doing even mundane activities tends to open whole new worlds of spiritual perception. My suggestion is to not go on auto-pilot, just going through the motions without really being them. It is a shame to have no spiritual liaison with your workout or diet, I think this is why most people quit on fitness programs. No one is teaching people how to draw spiritual depth and emotional rewards for their efforts. My Paleo journey has evolved from a way to lose a few pounds to a search for true physical and emotional well-being.
    Thanks for these reflections, it is very interesting to observe how many of our views and actions change over time, just because we decided to "lose weight" or "get healthy"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I'm betting you're inspiring WAY more people than you think you are. Keep on truckin'.
    Thanks! Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Thanks for these reflections, it is very interesting to observe how many of our views and actions change over time, just because we decided to "lose weight" or "get healthy"
    I agree, embracing this lifestyle has opened up opportunities I never imagined and had a significant impact on how I now view the world.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    I'll be 60 in 4 years, I read this every time you add to it! As Mr. Anthony said, keep on truckin'!

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I'll be 60 in 4 years, I read this every time you add to it! As Mr. Anthony said, keep on truckin'!
    Me too! I'm 54 and have been doing this for close to a year. I find your posts insightful and interesting. I think at our age, we look for a balance and discipline that can really help us with our quality of life.

My focus is (not necessarily in this order):
    Real food (PB style);
    Getting outside to enjoy this fabulous creation;
    Playing hard;
    working hard; &
    spending time with the people I love.

I also think there is a very spiritual element (I am a person of faith). At the end of the day, these are the things I find matter.

Anyway, I think your thread reflects well the spirit of PB and MDA, and whole life health! And it's always positive!

Keep going.

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! Will do.
    I am one of the 30,000 views and one who does not write anything usually. I find your posts interesting and inspiring for folks in our generation. Keep doing what you do.

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast