Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 36

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gwen, that is a great report. Well done to you. It's amazing how once in possession of the right information, everything can begin to fall into place. THanks for sharing and good luck with the next few pounds, and the resistance exercise. I'm sure you'll have continued success. A.

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
    Hi everyone!

GREAT JOB!!! I'm so impressed!

I'll be 62 on 9/16. I went primal the beginning of February of this year, and since 1/1/13 I've lost 53 pounds! I want to lose 5 more (to reach 'normal' BMI), but would love to lost actually 15 more.

I went from pre-diabetes to a fasting glucose of 78 only 3 months in to primal, and I'm down from bp out of control on 2 meds to very in control with 1 med. Hope to get off that soon.

And I've never felt better! I dance or do hilly walks for 45 min. 6 days a week, and the exercise gym is 90% assembled in the garage so I can start upper body weight resistance.

Who ever said 'can't teach an old dog new tricks' never met an over 60 person who's discovered paleo/primal!

Gwen

Sky n Surf
    Wow, great results! Thanks for dropping by the thread and sharing your very exciting story. I have seen some of the best results from the Paleo/Primal approach in those over 50.

Gwen is offline Member
    thanks Annie and Canuck!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Gwen, that is a great report. Well done to you. It's amazing how once in possession of the right information, everything can begin to fall into place. THanks for sharing and good luck with the next few pounds, and the resistance exercise. I'm sure you'll have continued success. A.
    Well done, Gwen. I felt that way too, Annie, like I had finally gotten the right instruction manual to go with the machinery. It felt like all those years I had been trying to fix a Mercedes with a BMW owner's manual. Nothing made sense and nothing worked right. All of a sudden it just made sense.

I'm switching up my current workout to a 3 Day per week muscle endurance program for a couple of weeks (light weights very high reps). I like to shock the system every once in awhile, hit the muscles in a different way with a different form of intensity.

Here's what I'm planning:

2 Circuits (30 second rest between exercises - 2 minute rest between circuits)

50 Squats - 135 lbs.
    40 Bench Presses - 135 lbs.
    20 Pull-ups - Bodyweight
    20 Dips - Body weight
    20 Seated Pulley Row - 130 lbs.
    30 Calf Raises - 200 lbs.
    50 Sit-ups
    50 Hyper-extensions

My latest blog at Peak Performance - Never Give Up!
    http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...n-saville.html
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-12-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Hi Gwen
    I'll be 62 in a couple of days and your post caught my attention. I have been primal and sometimes paleo for 2 years and have found great results but not as much weight loss as I would need (need another 30 lbs), so I would love to hear what a typical day looks like for you food and activity-wise. Could you send a private message or post here?
    Congrats on the wonderful progress!

If anyone happens to be in Sonoma county for a visit here is a great Paleo Restaurant in Santa Rosa. The Chef lost 55 lbs. on the Paleo Diet so he makes sure there are lots of Paleo Friendly options available...

http://blogs.kqed.org/bayareabites/2...-caveman-diet/

I highly recommend this group on Facebook - The International Paleo Movement Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1164.../?notif_t=like

Also this great website - Paleo Movement On-Line

http://paleomovement.com
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-14-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Back from holiday in Devon! The picture was taken at Teignmouth back (working) beach watching the sun go down whilst partaking of a glass of red or three. The low grey hump in the distance behind the yachts at the the left is Hay Tor on Dartmoor.

Now to lose a bit of weight and do some more bodyweight exercise.

Teignmouth Back Beach.jpg
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Back from holiday in Devon! The picture was taken at Teignmouth back (working) beach watching the sun go down whilst partaking of a glass of red or three. The low grey hump in the distance behind the yachts at the the left is Hay Tor on Dartmoor.

Now to lose a bit of weight and do some more bodyweight exercise.

Teignmouth Back Beach.jpg
    Great to have you back Nigel! I'm sure it was a great vacation. Your pictures aren't showing yet, but I look forward to seeing them. How have all the other Grey Warriors spent their summer? Surely their are some 50+'s out there. Jump in on the thread we can't let the youngsters dominate the Forum.

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast