Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 34

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evotell View Post
    Great to hear, that is wonderful news.

I was 60 in January and have a similar story, starting weight 243, current weight 182, goal weight 175.
    Great results! Congrats. My original goal was 175 but I didn't bottom out until I reached 165. Now weigh in at 175 after focusing in on some muscle development.

Wow, just realized I haven't had a soda or bread in over a year!

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Wow, just realized I haven't had a soda or bread in over a year!
    I have to admit that I had Christmas Cake, Trifle and Christmas Pudding on December 25th. But I have not had any bread for over a year. I also admit that I had a pint of beer with my son in law yesterday while we were waiting for our wives to come for lunch.

I hadn't weighed myself since the end of February so got on the scales Tuesday, 178lbs which means I have not lost any weight for three months. I feel that I need to lose some fat and put on muscle but at present I am happy with what I am eating and have not got the enthusiasm to put the required effort into strength training. On the bright side, I am doing enough to move on to press ups with my hands closer together and can do 40 really deep squats.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Response for Carolorrell: I'm a guy,65, started Primal July 2012. Height 5'10" start weight 257 (all time high weight was 300 around 2007) current weight 210-213 (since January) I have a knee with no cartilage, so running causes high pain. I do a lot of walking, and work my old Schwinn Air Dyne, both for long slow rides and for sprints. Pants: those 44's were getting really tight in waist and thighs in 2012, am now moving to 38's. I expect to lose another 10 lbs or so, that would put me at high school football weight. I seem to be now moving into another round of losing after a long plateau where fortunately the left over loose skin in the belly has mostly gone away. I'm very happy with my results, I stick pretty closely to Mark's basic plan and find the tolerance in his approach for those times when we pig out or fall off the wagon to be a major, major plus. I've done P90X also, tough, but good exercise, and my main gain from them is their saying "do your best and forget the rest"

Quote Originally Posted by Rig D View Post
    I stick pretty closely to Mark's basic plan and find the tolerance in his approach for those times when we pig out or fall off the wagon to be a major, major plus.
    I know exactly what you mean. I call my regime Primal Lite.

That said, I am intending to do a bit more in the strength training line with minimal/no equipment. I bought Al Kavadlo's new book Pushing the Limits. In it he advocates Press Ups, Squats and Bridges for a total body workout with absolutely no gear. I like the idea and am just adding Dips between our kitchen chairs and Sit Ups/Plank. I can then sell the weights, sandbag and pull up tower to have more room in the second garage.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

I have recently joined with my good friend Marcelo Aller as a blog contributor to our new website "Peak Performance Radio". We created PPR to share the stories of many successful people to help inspire a better blueprint for success in business, exercise, technology and life overall. We will be interviewing some amazing people and sharing our thoughts in our blog. Stay tuned for our first interviews coming soon! Here is a link to my first couple of blogs. Thanks for visiting!

Peak Performance

kterry is offline Junior Member
    Canuck, you are an inspriation! i am 58 and wanting to really lean out from 183 -to 165 or less depending on what i look like. I don't really know what my goal weight needs to be becuase it has been about 40 years since i have seen stomach muscles. Nevertheless, my first goal is hiting 165, then go from there.
    Getting on a plan is something i don't have nailed down so i think this is the gap i am missing.
    Keep up the good work--it is inspiring to see a 60 year guy going after it.
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by kterry View Post
    Canuck, you are an inspriation! i am 58 and wanting to really lean out from 183 -to 165 or less depending on what i look like. I don't really know what my goal weight needs to be becuase it has been about 40 years since i have seen stomach muscles. Nevertheless, my first goal is hiting 165, then go from there.
    Getting on a plan is something i don't have nailed down so i think this is the gap i am missing.
    Keep up the good work--it is inspiring to see a 60 year guy going after it.
    Kim
    Thanks kterry! Glad you took the time to drop by the thread. Wishing you all the best on your Primal Journey!

Today's menu: Intermittent Fast cycle - eating between noon and 7 pm. First meal - Avocado, left over free range chicken, orange. Mid afternoon - Wild organic blue berries and whole fat Greek Yogurt. Dinner - pastured beef chuck steak cubed, bacon, sautéed with organic jalapenos, onions, mushrooms and kale and a big mixed vegetable salad. Drink lots of water and non sweetened green tea - glass of red wine with dinner.

Morning Workout - Intervals 10 X100 meters (6 am)

Afternoon Workout (5 pm) - Weights (legs)
    Squats 15 X 135 lbs., 10 X 185 lbs., 8 X 225 lbs., 6 X 275 lbs., 3 X 315 lbs.

Hack Squats - 3 X12 - 185 lbs.

Thigh Ext. 130 lbs./Leg Curls 105 lbs. /Calf Raises 200 lbs. - TriSets 15 reps.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Morning Workout
    Far more than I want to do. I am down to pure bodyweight exercises a la Al Kavadlo "Pushing the Limits" now. Press ups, squats, and inversions, (I've added dips between a couple of chairs and plank) along with walking the mile or so to town and carrying the shopping home five days a week. I don't mind slowly getting stronger as I intend to live a long time.

Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast