Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 32

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Put the link on one of my blogs.

Had Risotto for my 63rd birthday treat lunch today with red wine, also had ice cream. Naughty but nice!
    Happy Birthday mate! I really like your new avatar picture, you can really notice your weight loss in your face.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    you can really notice your weight loss in your face.
    I notice it more around my belly! I've had to buy new trousers and tops.

Next hurdle is Monday when it's our 41st wedding anniversary. I had a cunning plan before we got married. Arranged the date five days after my birthday. Get birthday card & prezzies, buy anniversary card and prezzies!
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

A personal best today! I decided to do a pushup test before starting my weight workout this morning and was able to do 100 pushups without a break - finally!! - after trying to get there for the last couple of months. Not bad for an 'old guy'. This coming Monday I'm shooting for a bench press record 1 RM and on Wednesday trying for a record squat 1 RM. Stay tuned!

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    A personal best today! I decided to do a pushup test before starting my weight workout this morning and was able to do 100 pushups without a break
    Well done! I'm way behind you and nowhere near as dedicated. I'm doing press ups nearly every morning and trying to increase by one every time. I'm up to 26 and it looks to be taking two to three days in order to increase by that one. Not bothered as I will get to 100 in the end.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

This week was designated as a test week to see where I was at in regards to strength. I've been following a high fat, medium protein, low carb diet, lots of steak and eggs. My training has been 6 day split body building style of workout for the past 6 weeks with two intervals sesssions at the track (10 X100 meters). On Monday I did 1 RM 245 lb. Bench Press. I am typically weak on the bench so this was a decent number for me, a weight I haven't managed in over 20 years. Today I did a 1 RM full squat at 315 lbs. which is a decent number and Friday I'll see what I can manage on the deadlift. Current body weight is 172 lbs

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I did a 1 RM on the bench, just to see. 115 pounds, kind of pathetic considering it was about 17 years ago that my all-time max was 160 at 180 pounds bodyweight. But I am often beset with fuckarounditis. I am gaining strength, but I don't expect to improve much until I stop losing weight. My weight is down to 140 this morning from 147 on Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Yesterday I did a 1 RM on the bench, just to see. 115 pounds, kind of pathetic considering it was about 17 years ago that my all-time max was 160 at 180 pounds bodyweight. But I am often beset with fuckarounditis. I am gaining strength, but I don't expect to improve much until I stop losing weight. My weight is down to 140 this morning from 147 on Day 1.
    Excellent results on the weight loss. 115 lbs on the bench is actually fairly good (see the attached strenth testing charts), try to shoot for a 1 RM bench of your bodyweight. An equivalent to your bench press of 160 lbs at a body weight of 180 lbs is probably about 120-125 lbs.

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-17-2013 at 12:28 PM.

There is nothing better than a bodyweight workout on a warm California morning. Getting in shape for the summer!

John - Body weight exercise park.jpg

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    There is nothing better than a bodyweight workout on a warm California morning. Getting in shape for the summer!
    Agreed! Although I like evening workouts too, just at sunset. Seems like the world's in transition, very alive.

I just saw your post from awhile ago, complaining of the lack of 60-ish correspondents. I'm 52, wish I'd found Primal Blueprint earlier (been doing this since Nov 11). It's good to see the younger people on board!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BZM View Post
    Agreed! Although I like evening workouts too, just at sunset. Seems like the world's in transition, very alive.

I just saw your post from awhile ago, complaining of the lack of 60-ish correspondents. I'm 52, wish I'd found Primal Blueprint earlier (been doing this since Nov 11). It's good to see the younger people on board!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Thanks for droppping into the thread BZM. Wishing you all the best on your Paleo Journey!

Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast