Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 31

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Right. I don't have an intolerance per se but I think it is just too easy to overeat. Kind of like an open container of macadamia nuts, eh, Kath?
    I actually ate half a container of macadamia nuts this weekend, closed the top, and put it away. :P

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I actually ate half a container of macadamia nuts this weekend, closed the top, and put it away. :P
    Well done! Respect.
    Canuck, in case you were wondering, eK and I were having this discussion on another thread about the impossibility of putting a half full jar of m nuts away. This lid just doesn't want to go on.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well done! Respect.
    Canuck, in case you were wondering, eK and I were having this discussion on another thread about the impossibility of putting a half full jar of m nuts away. This lid just doesn't want to go on.
    Totally get it, I lived in Hawaii for awhile back in my Ironman days and became addicted to M nuts, absolutely love them.

rspacher is offline Member
    Don't post here much, but the steak and eggs diet reminds me very much of a famous old school guru Vince Gironda...
    He was way before his time, look his name up on goggle...
    He was one of the ones who practiced what he preached...

Quote Originally Posted by rspacher View Post
    Don't post here much, but the steak and eggs diet reminds me very much of a famous old school guru Vince Gironda...
    He was way before his time, look his name up on goggle...
    He was one of the ones who practiced what he preached...
    Yes it was a combination of following PaleoBird's focus on a Ketogenic type of diet and some research I was doing regarding bodybuilding during the 70s that led me to his theories and I decided to start a thread in the Nutrition Forum asking those interested to join in for a month trial of the steak and eggs diet. Feel free to jump on board, its a great opportunity to jump start your fat loss and share some best practices and results.
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-05-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Ketogenic type of diet
    Got more strict with carbs this last week. 183 down to 178 pounds. Going to be a bit naughty this evening as I'm eating out with a friend. I shall drink beer, eat poppadoms & chutneys and may even have some rice as part of the meal. Back on the wagon tomorrow.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Got more strict with carbs this last week. 183 down to 178 pounds. Going to be a bit naughty this evening as I'm eating out with a friend. I shall drink beer, eat poppadoms & chutneys and may even have some rice as part of the meal. Back on the wagon tomorrow.
    Great to hear you dropped five pounds! Go real strict for the next week if you can and ramp up the weight training, see where that leads you. I'm having a high carb - low fat day today but keeping it clean and Primal, lots of fruit which I've been craving.

Go real strict for the next week if you can and ramp up the weight training, see where that leads you. I'm having a high carb - low fat day today but keeping it clean and Primal, lots of fruit which I've been craving.
    My mate cried off yesterday afternoon so kept in bounds. BBQ for lunch today. It's a Bank holiday and the weather is dry & warm. I will have some red wine with the marinaded olives as I cook the meat.

I do still add in the odd bit of fruit when I have a craving. Small Braeburn apple on Friday and banana yesterday. SWMBO is away babysitting for our younger daughter at the back end of next week so I shall have those three days of steak & eggs and do more than my usual strength training.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

This could be helpful for any of your friends considering a Paleo/Primal diet or a help in describing it to others -

The Ultimate Guide to Paleo

http://greatist.com/health/ultimate-...eo-infographic

This could be helpful for any of your friends considering a Paleo/Primal diet or a help in describing it to others -

The Ultimate Guide to Paleo

The Ultimate Guide to Eating Paleo [Infographic] | Greatist
    Put the link on one of my blogs.

Had Risotto for my 63rd birthday treat lunch today with red wine, also had ice cream. Naughty but nice!

Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast