Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 30

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Weighed myself this morning. 183lbs. I have decided to get strict for a couple of weeks:- No potatoes, no sweet potatoes, no carrots, no parsnips, no fruit, no mixed nut/pistachio suppers.

I have printed off my allowed foods from the updated Atkins diet first two weeks list. I added some daily treats like dark chocolate and Greek Yoghurt with a little genuine Maple syrup or blueberries. I will allow myself red wine a couple of days a week too. No sense in going daft!

I shall give it two weeks and see how I do.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Weighed myself this morning. 183lbs. I have decided to get strict for a couple of weeks:- No potatoes, no sweet potatoes, no carrots, no parsnips, no fruit, no mixed nut/pistachio suppers.

I have printed off my allowed foods from the updated Atkins diet first two weeks list. I added some daily treats like dark chocolate and Greek Yoghurt with a little genuine Maple syrup or blueberries. I will allow myself red wine a couple of days a week too. No sense in going daft!

I shall give it two weeks and see how I do.

Nigel, feel free to join us on the steak and eggs diet thread in the nutrition section. We are doing a strict old school body building diet of steak and eggs for 6 days and a high carb low fat Sunday experiment for 4 weeks. Check it out.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Nigel, feel free to join us on the steak and eggs diet thread in the nutrition section. We are doing a strict old school body building diet of steak and eggs for 6 days and a high carb low fat Sunday experiment for 4 weeks. Check it out.
    Hmmph. How come when you describe it as "old school bodybuilding diet" it sounds macho and not a peep about it from Choco. But when I call it ketosis, he tells me I have an eating disorder? There's a double standard here somewhere.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hmmph. How come when you describe it as "old school bodybuilding diet" it sounds macho and not a peep about it from Choco. But when I call it ketosis, he tells me I have an eating disorder? There's a double standard here somewhere.
    There was some other troll on the thread duking it out the other night.

Ha Ha...Definitely a double standard! Your feedback on your Ketosis diet actually played a part in gaving me the confidence to go ahead and give the steak and egg diet a try.
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-29-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    There was some other troll on the thread duking it out the other night.
    By the way I thought you handled the troll beautifully.

Paleobird Guest
    Ha Ha...Definitely a double standard! Your feedback on your Ketosis diet actually played a part in gaving me the confidence to go ahead and give the steak and egg diet a try.
    Well, I really do think that, if one were to extend this beyond a one month "hack" perspective, it would need to go from "steak and eggs" to "nose to tail critters and eggs" for optimal health. For example, I'm tanking up on some liver today since am going to be donating blood tomorrow.

One thing I am trying along with you for the month is dropping the dairy to see if that makes a difference.

One thing I am trying along with you for the month is dropping the dairy to see if that makes a difference.
    Agreed, also good point on the dairy. I stopped eating dairy for the first 4 months, then let it back in gradually to see what would happen. I don't think I have a problem with it, but it will be interesting to see if avoiding it helps with the stubborn low belly fat that is so hard to get rid of.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    By the way I thought you handled the troll beautifully.
    Aw, shucks. Well, we do what we can. He did seem to disappear there. I was thinking it was past his bedtime.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Agreed, also good point on the dairy. I stopped eating dairy for the first 4 months, then let it back in gradually to see what would happen. I don't think I have a problem with it, but it will be interesting to see if avoiding it helps with the stubborn low belly fat that is so hard to get rid of.
    Right. I don't have an intolerance per se but I think it is just too easy to overeat. Kind of like an open container of macadamia nuts, eh, Kath?

Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast