Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 3

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gratz!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    You look brilliant, you must be thrilled. Never heard of a Murph before but sounds like a good challenge.
    Well done.
    Aw shucks, thanks annedawso!

If you ever wanted to dig into the research and science regarding the diets of early humans this is your paper/lecture. Simply one of the best I have read. Well researched with great references - all great reads on their own.

http://www.gregdavis.ca/share/paleo-...yd%20Eaton.pdf
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-03-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Almost everyday I get up from working in front of my computer and take a 20 minute "sun shine" break to keep my Vitamin D levels up. Today I spent the time in the sun picking and eating black berries and enjoying a couple of apples from the bounty in our own backyard!

Are you getting your 15 to 20 minutes of unfiltered sunshine a day - here's why you should.

Paleo in a Nutshell Part 3: Sunshine - YouTube
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-20-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Murph is a real killer! Good job, Canuck!

If you are focusing on weight loss make sure to track daily net calories (consumed calories - burned calories = net caloric intake). Eating Paleo does not mean you can eat as much as you want and still loose weight. Think of your Paleo diet as the foundation of your health plan primarily to fight the many forms of systemic inflammation. To loose a pound or two a week will still require about a 500 calorie deficit per day (from your Basal Metabolic Rate - daily caloric requirement is 1.2 X BMR) regardless of what you eat. However, you will definitely have more energy and feel and look better if you eat Paleo.

BMR Calculator
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-13-2012 at 06:02 PM.

There is something very "Primal" about going to the track and running sprint intervals shirtless and barefooted. Yesterday I ran 8 100 meter sprints on the track wearing my minimalist shoes and then did 8 50 meter sprints barefoot on the turf. Some students were doing early season training for soccer and were intrigued that I was running barefoot, one of them said - "Hey dude, how old are you?" I told him that I just turned 60 and he said "Man you are older than my Dad, there is no way he could do that you are amazing" - made my day.

Day 168 - Weight 168. Just a quick up date and some thoughts on my Paleo Journey.

It appears as though my weight has reached its natural healthy level as it has been consistantly hovering between 168 and 170 for the past 3 weeks (total 5+ month weight loss - 45 lbs.). One thing I recently added was some iodine supplementation in the form of Kelp and it appears that I may have dropped a bit more body fat as a result (I've noticed more abdominal muscle definition - perhaps the iodine has helped speed up my metabolism a bit).

I have been amazed at my muscle endurance improvement as I now can do 25 continuous repetition full extension pull-ups and 75 non stop reps of push-ups. Something I have never been able to accomplish previously.

Also of note I've made a conscious effort to rest more between intense workouts and I'm feeling much stronger and energetic as a result.

On the general health front, I use to suffer some acid reflex when eating which has completely disappeared. Also I have not been sick since starting Paleo, my sinuses are completely clear and I have not as yet suffered from any seasonal allergies. In addition shoulder arthritis is gone and general flexibility is greatly improved.

ERC
    ERC is offline Junior Member
    You're awesome. A real inspiration! Thank you for the continued posts.

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast