Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 28

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I went to the American Heart Association website to check out their nutritional recommendations. Wow! They are still recommending 6-8 servings of grains per day and vegetable oils and magarine over butter. Eating like this is what is causing heart disease and obesity. What does 8 servings of grain look like - that would be 8 slices of bread or 4 cups of Rice...Unbelievable!
    Isn't this still conventional wisdom pretty much everywhere?

Actually, I think a serving of bread is supposed to be 2 slices.

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Isn't this still conventional wisdom pretty much everywhere?

Actually, I think a serving of bread is supposed to be 2 slices.
    Unfortunately I think you are correct about the CW. However I have seen a lot of changes of opinion evolving and more information on the dangers of carbohydrate excesses. It was just stunning to me to see them recommending so much carbohydrates. Here's the link to their recommendations if you are interested. - Suggested Servings from Each Food Group

Doing a home garden can not only provide you with great organic food, it's wonderful exercise. Here are some good tips on keeping your garden GMO free.

The Four Steps Required to Keep Monsanto OUT of Your Garden

Turned 61 today and I have to say I haven't felt this good physically and mentally since my early 30s and amazingly I am the same weight I was when I finished high school (168 lbs)! I've been following a Paleo blueprint for over a year now and all my health markers have greatly improved and are now excellent (BP 105/78, body fat 10%, blood lipids outstanding). I think back to those first few weeks when I hoped to get under 200 lbs by my birthday and how motivating it was to see the weight drop so quickly. It has also been exciting to meet and communicate with so many wonderful people in the Paleo community who are experiencing their own personal health journeys and have shared their incredible stories with me - thanks for your inspiration and congratulations to all of you!

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Turned 61 today and I have to say I haven't felt this good physically and mentally since my early 30s and amazingly I am the same weight I was when I finished high school (168 lbs)! I've been following a Paleo blueprint for over a year now and all my health markers have greatly improved and are now excellent (BP 105/78, body fat 10%, blood lipids outstanding). I think back to those first few weeks when I hoped to get under 200 lbs by my birthday and how motivating it was to see the weight drop so quickly. It has also been exciting to meet and communicate with so many wonderful people in the Paleo community who are experiencing their own personal health journeys and have shared their incredible stories with me - thanks for your inspiration and congratulations to all of you!
    Awesome, Canuck!

Also, thanks for the link above about making a non-GMO garden. I'm planting a small one next weekend, so that's really helpful.

Keep it up, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Awesome, Canuck!

Also, thanks for the link above about making a non-GMO garden. I'm planting a small one next weekend, so that's really helpful.

Keep it up, sir.
    Thanks Mr. Anthony, always enjoy your comments on this and other Forum sites!

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I'm back from my Duke of Edinburg Award duties. Plover Hill and Pen Y Ghent .jpg The picture is the back of Plover Hill towards Pen Y Ghent in the Yorkshire Dales.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    happy belated b-day!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast