Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 26

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Wow, very cool.
    Bloody hard work for an old codger like me though! I lied. It's dips and squats that I started on week three. I have finished my first full week of them and it IS knackering doing all four. But, now that my fitness level has improved a bit I am not suffering any stiff limbs so I feel up to trying the strength training on Friday followed by Day One of the next week's challenges sessions on Saturday.

E-mailed my doctor today asking for a blood test plus asthma and general check ups. Blood pressure 116/69 this afternoon.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Bloody hard work for an old codger like me though! I lied. It's dips and squats that I started on week three. I have finished my first full week of them and it IS knackering doing all four. But, now that my fitness level has improved a bit I am not suffering any stiff limbs so I feel up to trying the strength training on Friday followed by Day One of the next week's challenges sessions on Saturday.

E-mailed my doctor today asking for a blood test plus asthma and general check ups. Blood pressure 116/69 this afternoon.
    Man Nigel, 116/69 is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Man Nigel, 116/69 is awesome!
    Certainly is considering I was taking two medications this time last year! My pulse was up a bit though, at 55. I think that is because I have not been sprinting but once the weather is a bit better I shall be outside on some grass near where I live.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Mindfulness - Time to reflect on the health of our most personal eco-system.

As I observe and applaud the concern and efforts that are being focused on our planet's environmental health, it's surprising to me that our body, our most personal ecosystem, is often not viewed in the same way. Many people who re-cycle, organize politically and paticipate in environmental causes barely give a thought to the what they eat, filling their bodies with unhealthy foods that pollute and bog down their personal physiological systems. Let's strive to eat the foods our bodies were designed to eat and be mindful of nature's gift of food. Begin each meal with a moment of silence, during this pause feel gratitude for all the farmers and store keepers who believe in healthy food and who helped create and deliver the food to your table. Most importantly take the time to really taste your food, remember nutrition should be a simple and joyful affair.

Here's a great all round fitness test that you can use to measure your overall fitness improvements. Remember fitness testing is for establishing a baseline to measure your personal improvement against over time. Its not a competition.

The realFIT Score - the Standard for Fitness ™
    Last edited by canuck416; 03-22-2013 at 06:23 PM.

This is an interesting article pointing out that even though you have eliminated gluten. your body may be impacted by coffee, chocolate and cheese in a similar way.

Are You Not Healing Because Your Body Thinks Coffee, Chocolate & Cheese Are Gluten? - Primal Docs

Going to start using Twitter. Feel free to follow me John Saville @johnsaville21.

PrimalCon New York
    I was away last week. My son in law (he paid his way) and I went with the local grammar school's annual trip to the WW1 Battlefields on The Somme and around Ypres. It was my fifth time supervising the students. Even though I was made redundant two years ago, the head of history invites me along as I'm "good value." The guide we hire really knows his stuff and I reckon 90% of the pupils "get it" by the end of the four day trip.

Here's a picture of the Canadian Memorial at St Julien just outside Ypres/Ieper.

Canada.jpg

I put on weight last week as I succumbed to the magic cupboard that has free Belgian beer in it. It's magic because when emptied, it fills up again the next dat while we're out.
    Last edited by Nigel; 04-01-2013 at 06:19 AM.

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast