Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 25

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I feel if we just continue on, we will reach our goals.
    My goal is perfection so unachievable. But, if I keep trying, I will get as close as is humanly possible.

I'm not so worried about end weight or body fat composition so much as how I feel & look in a mirror, and, don't get the illnesses I used to. In a year I've gone from 240 to 178lbs. I have stopped two blood pressure medications, statins and a steroid inhaler for asthma. I do not take any prescription medications at all now and that is how I want it to stay.

I am slowly working on strength training and will have a little go at running when the weather is better. When I started, I could just about do a few press ups against the kitchen work top. My day now starts with a shower and 35 against the side of the bath. My weekly session contains proper press ups using handles on the floor and I can just about manage 15 before muscle exhaustion. I can do one proper chin up and one proper dip but still nowhere near a pull up. I will get there though and that is enough for me to know.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    This incredible Ted Talk proves this is not only not true, but reintroducing large herds of livestock to simulate ancient vast herds that traversed our plains is crucial to preventing desertification.
    Yep. Saw that and it makes sense. I heard on the radio this morning that we are now looking to cull deer here as there are just too many of them causing damage to crops. Venison, yummy!
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Started the 100 press up and 200 squats challenges yesterday evening. Had to start at week 3 for the squats. I'll add sit ups and dips tomorrow which is my strength training day.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Started the 100 press up and 200 squats challenges yesterday evening. Had to start at week 3 for the squats. I'll add sit ups and dips tomorrow which is my strength training day.
    Great, good luck! Keep us posted.

I'm not sure that doing the 100 press ups, 150 dips, 200 squats and 200 sit ups challenges all at the same time was a good idea as I don't think I will be able to do my normal strength training weekly session while I'm doing them. I usually do the strength training on Mondays but I have done the challenges today. However, I will see how I feel on Friday as that will be two days after I have down my week's challenge routines. I started the challenges on Saturday so I may be able to keep to Sat/Mon/Wed for those and Friday for strength training. One way to find out if it will work is to give it a go.

I'm not sure that doing the 100 press ups, 150 dips, 200 squats and 200 sit ups challenges all at the same time was a good idea as I don't think I will be able to do my normal strength training weekly session while I'm doing them. I usually do the strength training on Mondays but I have done the challenges today. However, I will see how I feel on Friday as that will be two days after I have down my week's challenge routines. I started the challenges on Saturday so I may be able to keep to Sat/Mon/Wed for those and Friday for strength training. One way to find out if it will work is to give it a go.
    I'm not quite sure I understand the challenge. Do you keep doing press ups until you get a total of 100, for example 1 set of 50, then 1 of 25, then 15 and then 10 for a total of a hundred with minimal rest between sets?

I do something similar once a week. This morning I did 17 pullups, then 10, another set of 10 then 7 and finally 6 for a total of 50 with minimal rest. Then did 75 pushups, then 15, then 10 with minimal rest for a total of 100, then 100 body weight squats without a break. Is your challenge similar to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy581 View Post
    Typical day begins with black coffee, a saute of onions, bell peppers and kale or spinach in coconut oil with 3 or 4 eggs and an avocado on the side.
    Yum.Sounds very similar to my breakfasts.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I'm not quite sure I understand the challenge.
    The challenges are to do each exercise all in one go. There's a seven week programme building up to the final number. It's three days a week, one every other day, working towards that final high number. With sit ups and squats I was able to start at week three because of the stuff I have already done. As I said, I started on Saturday so the last day this week is tomorrow. It seemed to me yesterday that doing all four might be too much alongside the strength training. I shall have Thursday as a rest day and do my normal strength training on Friday, going back to the challenges on Saturday. If I can't do the challenge session properly on Saturday, I will drop the strength training until I have completed the squats & sit ups challenges at least. Then I'll see how I get on. Does that make sense?

Here are the links:-

one hundred push ups
    two hundred sit-ups
    two hundred squats
    one fifty dips

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The challenges are to do each exercise all in one go. There's a seven week programme building up to the final number. It's three days a week, one every other day, working towards that final high number. With sit ups and squats I was able to start at week three because of the stuff I have already done. As I said, I started on Saturday so the last day this week is tomorrow. It seemed to me yesterday that doing all four might be too much alongside the strength training. I shall have Thursday as a rest day and do my normal strength training on Friday, going back to the challenges on Saturday. If I can't do the challenge session properly on Saturday, I will drop the strength training until I have completed the squats & sit ups challenges at least. Then I'll see how I get on. Does that make sense?

Here are the links:-

one hundred push ups
    two hundred sit-ups
    two hundred squats
    one fifty dips
    Wow, very cool. Thanks for posting the links! I'm working on the pushups currently (up to 80 consecutive as of yesterday).

Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast