Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 597

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 22

  1. #211
    Mr. Anthony's Avatar
    Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,639
    Primal Fuel
    Man, I'm glad to see you're still having so much success, Canuck. I always wonder/worry about those people who sort of drop off the forum. Keep it up!

  2. #212
    canuck416's Avatar
    canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sebastopol, CA
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Man, I'm glad to see you're still having so much success, Canuck. I always wonder/worry about those people who sort of drop off the forum. Keep it up!
    Thanks! Never going back to the SAD, my results have been so great why would I. I have evolved into more of the Perfect Health Diet model over the last few months with even better results. Here's a link to their website in case your interested, also highly recommend the book (Mark Sisson highly recommends it and provides the Forward at the beginning of the book).

    Perfect Health Diet - A diet for healing chronic disease, restoring youthful vitality, and achieving long life

  3. #213
    canuck416's Avatar
    canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sebastopol, CA
    Posts
    1,312
    Today's breakfast - Cooked 4 pieces of bacon and cut into small pieces - mixed with a salad of purple cabbage, cucumber, red pepper, cauliflower, onion and carrots (added two tablespoons of a olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard salad dressing mix). Plus left over free range organic chicken from last night. Yum!

  4. #214
    Nigel's Avatar
    Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spalding, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    For those of you wondering what a typical Paleo day looks like for me here it is
    Mine starts with a two large egg omelette with either mushrooms or spinach fried in butter or coconut oil. I'll walk a mile to town and put the shopping in a rucksack then walk home again. There's a bridge over the railway en route and I run up the stairs two at a time both directions. Depending on what day it is, I will do some press ups, squats, dips and sit ups/plank several times during the day or go in the garage for my weekly workout. Lunch is a tin of mackerel (larger tine of herring after the workout) or a couple of roast chicken thighs with radishes, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, sauerkraut and pickled red cabbage. Dinner is whatever SWMBO cooks with half a pink grapefruit for pudding. I drink one cup of tea with milk first thing in the morning and cups of Lychee & Mango flavoured green tea through the day and evening. I will often have some supper consisting of some various nuts and two dried dates.

    I recently bought some VFF's and when the weather improves I will start some sprinting on a grassed area nearby.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

  5. #215
    canuck416's Avatar
    canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sebastopol, CA
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Mine starts with a two large egg omelette with either mushrooms or spinach fried in butter or coconut oil. I'll walk a mile to town and put the shopping in a rucksack then walk home again. There's a bridge over the railway en route and I run up the stairs two at a time both directions. Depending on what day it is, I will do some press ups, squats, dips and sit ups/plank several times during the day or go in the garage for my weekly workout. Lunch is a tin of mackerel (larger tine of herring after the workout) or a couple of roast chicken thighs with radishes, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, sauerkraut and pickled red cabbage. Dinner is whatever SWMBO cooks with half a pink grapefruit for pudding. I drink one cup of tea with milk first thing in the morning and cups of Lychee & Mango flavoured green tea through the day and evening. I will often have some supper consisting of some various nuts and two dried dates.

    I recently bought some VFF's and when the weather improves I will start some sprinting on a grassed area nearby.
    Excellent day Nigel! Great work.

  6. #216
    canuck416's Avatar
    canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sebastopol, CA
    Posts
    1,312

  7. #217
    canuck416's Avatar
    canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sebastopol, CA
    Posts
    1,312
    A bit of a milestone today during Day 3 of the level 8 Simple Fit workout. 75 Pushups nonstop. First time in my life I've been able to do this. My goal is to do 100 nonstop by my 61st Birthday on April 16th.

  8. #218
    Nigel's Avatar
    Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spalding, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    75 Pushups nonstop. First time in my life I've been able to do this. My goal is to do 100 nonstop by my 61st Birthday on April 16th.
    Well done you! I started doing press ups against the kitchen work top. I have now moved on to doing 25 against the bath whenever I go in the bathroom. On Monday I managed 10 proper press ups using the low handles on my pull up/chin up/dips/leg raises tower in the garage.

    I have been considering going for the one hundred push ups and see how I get on. Once I've done that, there's all the other squats. sit ups, dips etc challenges. I reckon I may be able to manage the 100 press ups by my 63rd birthday in May if I work hard. I managed forty in a minute when I was on the firearms team, but that was 16 years ago.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

  9. #219
    canuck416's Avatar
    canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sebastopol, CA
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Well done you! I started doing press ups against the kitchen work top. I have now moved on to doing 25 against the bath whenever I go in the bathroom. On Monday I managed 10 proper press ups using the low handles on my pull up/chin up/dips/leg raises tower in the garage.

    I have been considering going for the one hundred push ups and see how I get on. Once I've done that, there's all the other squats. sit ups, dips etc challenges. I reckon I may be able to manage the 100 press ups by my 63rd birthday in May if I work hard. I managed forty in a minute when I was on the firearms team, but that was 16 years ago.
    It would be great if you could join me in the 100 pushup club Nigel. I say go for it and keep me posted. By the way thank you for posting on this thread, feels pretty loanly sometimes, not sure if it's worth continuing with updates. Seems like there aren't many "elders" that come on the forum and take the time to post. Anyway congrats on your success Nigel, it's been great hearing about your progress.

  10. #220
    janie's Avatar
    janie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    684
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Canuck-
    Congratulations on your great success! I'm an elder as well (age 67). I started working on my health in 2009, starting with Atkins and then moving to a low carb paleo eating plan to continue weight loss. I lost 70 lbs and at a normal BMI, but the other great benefits have been increased energy, lowered blood pressure, improved lipid panel, a huge reduction in joint pain, and improved skin. I now work out at the gym 3x a week and do a yoga class, activities I had no energy for before. I think many people over 50 are resigned about their health/weight and don't realize that great improvement is still possible.

Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •