Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 21

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Nigel, I take it that you're wearing your rucksack on your back when you do squats? You might try Zercher squats. It's a kind of "front" squat, and the change where you hold the weight makes them harder (and therefore you'll need less weight for an "equal" workout).

Here's a relatively good example: Ultimate Sandbag Training Zercher Squat Exercise - YouTube
    Yes, and thanks for the link, will do.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Goddess is offline Junior Member
    What an inspiration you are! Rock on!!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    What an inspiration you are! Rock on!!
    Thanks for dropping by! Wishing you all the best in your Primal journey.

ulnauy is offline Member
    I'm going to show my 56 year old dad this thread tonight, he's still on the fence about this primal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ulnauy View Post
    I'm going to show my 56 year old dad this thread tonight, he's still on the fence about this primal thing.
    Great, hopefully it will help convince him to get on board. Switching to a primal diet has radically improved my health, I am sure it will do the same for your Dad.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Nigel, I take it that you're wearing your rucksack on your back when you do squats? You might try Zercher squats.
    Tried Zercher Squats and I'm sure it's the answer. I used a sandbag with 40lbs of weights in and found it much harder going. I am also just going right down with bodyweight and notice the difference to the number I can do.

Took a while to answer as I have been away most of the week. Had a trip up The Shard (tallest building in wester Europe) on Wednesday and spent time with our younger daughter and family. Got home yesterday.

I also had trouble with pain last week. I overdid the press ups and dips early week before last and developed a lump in my left breast, along with considerable discomfort. I suspect I tore a bit of muscle. The lump is smaller now and the pain has gone, so back to press ups and dips today.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Tried Zercher Squats and I'm sure it's the answer. I used a sandbag with 40lbs of weights in and found it much harder going. I am also just going right down with bodyweight and notice the difference to the number I can do.
    I'm glad those have worked out for you! Grok on!

Great metcon start to the day, set a PR of 26 sets for Level 8 Day 1 of Simple Fit (as many sets of 5 pullups, 10 pushups and 15 body weight squats you can do in 20 minutes). Followed up with a 4 egg omelete stuffed with yams, kale, onions and a side of avocado. Yum... Feeling invincible!

For those of you wondering what a typical Paleo day looks like for me here it is - My Paleo day started with an intermittent fast until noon (I am on a 16 hour fast with an 8 hour eating phase 3 or 4 days a week). Lunch was pot roast slow cooked with carrots and oinions, kale and tomatoes. Also had an avocado on the side. Dinner will be an organic free range rotissiere chicken, big mixed vegetable salad and half a yam. Treat will be a glass of red wine and some dark chocolate (80%). Todays supplements were D3, K2, Iodine (in the form of Kelp). Work out was an early morning 3 mile tempo run then went to the gym and did abs, lower back, shoulders and arms.

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast