Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 2

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Great job! You look fantastic!

docpearce is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perennialpam View Post
    You are looking much better than all my 60+ friends! Great job. You should be proud.
    You look a lot better than most of my 37 year old friends

ryediver is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You're just a young whippersnapper. My 86 year old Dad has recently gone primal and is doing great. And my 81 year old best friend too. Both were diabetic, on statins and BP meds. Meds are gone as are all symptoms of diabetes for both of them.

Never to late to make a change for the better.
    How did your Dad and friend get off the statins please? I am on statins and have just started with Primal with success weightwise.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryediver View Post
    How did your Dad and friend get off the statins please? I am on statins and have just started with Primal with success weightwise.
    I'll let Paleobird answer regarding her dad, but if I was you I would wait until I'd been strictly on the Primal diet for a month and then stop taking Statins for a month and get your cholesterol and blood lipids checked. I'd be less concerned about cholesterol and more concerned about the side effects of Statins (especially regarding Alzheimer Disease) - APOE-4: The Clue to Why Low Fat Diet and Statins may Cause Alzheimer's

Paleobird Guest
    This is some great basic info on cholesterol. Very well researched.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread4723.html

I agree with canuck416 that you should give the PB plan some time to work and then get yourself re-tested. Doctors like statistics.

Statins have a host of problems associated with them and only marginal proof that they actually do any good. They appear to benefit only one group, men under the age of 65 who have had a major coronary "event" i.e. a heart attack. In people over 65 they have also been shown to cause muscle wasting.

Look up the studies. Inform yourself and walk into the MDs office armed with this knowledge printed out with highlights. And always remember, the doctor works for you, not the other way around. You don't have to ask permission to stop taking a drug. You should, however, always keep your physician informed of any changed in your medication,

lynn is offline Junior Member
    You look fantastic!!! Better than most folks I know my age (40s). Thanks for the inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    You look fantastic!!! Better than most folks I know my age (40s). Thanks for the inspiration.
    Thanks Lynn! Go for it!

Just finished my first Murph in 35:23 - whew! Named after Lt. Michael P. Murphy, a member of the Navy SEALs from Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2005. Lieutenant Murphy, who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor, was an avid CrossFitter known to do the workout every Wednesday while wearing body armor. Its composed of a 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups and 300 squats followed by a 1 mile run.

The secret is to break up the workout into segments and try not to go into oxygen debt (stay below your anaerobic threshold). I feel I can take some time out of this first attempt with a bit of practice and conditioning. Give it a try, its a great challenge and a way to measure your fitness.
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-02-2012 at 01:37 PM.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I used to live in Patchogue. Long before this hero was born since I am old now.

Amazing his workout.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    You look brilliant, you must be thrilled. Never heard of a Murph before but sounds like a good challenge.
    Well done.

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast