Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 19

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Excellent stuff, well done. I've got a LOOoooonnnnnggg way togo before I can match that but time is one thing I have so I WILL get there.
    I believe you Nigel, take the long view, make steady progress and before you know you will amaze yourself. Keep in mind that pullups sure get easier when you loose weight.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Keep in mind that pullups sure get easier when you loose weight.
    I put a few pounds on over Christmas as I knew I would. I had been good since March and promised myself a blowout. I had ten days of drinking wine and eating more than I should have. I also ate christmas cake, christmas pudding, trifle and even had a beer. Coming back down to earth now and lost a pound in the last week.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

AJWalton is offline Junior Member
    Impressive transformation, congratulations!
    After overcoming chronic tendonitis (6 years) and voice loss (28 months) using the principles of the primal lifestyle, I now share what I've learned - with an emphasis on the psychology of behavior and behavior change, as well as social responsibility and sustainability. I'd be honored if you'd join me on my journey to help create a healthier, happier world!

Facebook: BodyHacks
    Blog: BodyHacksTV

Quote Originally Posted by AJWalton View Post
    Impressive transformation, congratulations!
    Thanks! I just visited and "Liked" your BodyHacks Facebook page. Looks great!

This is the best overviews of the Paleo approach to eating that I have ever read. I highly recommend it as a way to introduce and explain the Paleo diet.

FITBOMB: What Is The Paleo Diet?
    Last edited by canuck416; 01-21-2013 at 04:10 AM.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Weighed myself this morning. Back to pre Christmas 183lbs after losing the 3 or 4 pounds put on during my Christmas/New Year binge. Now to try and get 168lbs for March 25th. It's just about doable on my version of Primal Lite, especially if I up the exercise a bit.

I started doing proper press ups this morning which I'm pleased about as I have been doing them on the side of the bath for a couple of months.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Weighed myself this morning. Back to pre Christmas 183lbs after losing the 3 or 4 pounds put on during my Christmas/New Year binge. Now to try and get 168lbs for March 25th. It's just about doable on my version of Primal Lite, especially if I up the exercise a bit.

I started doing proper press ups this morning which I'm pleased about as I have been doing them on the side of the bath for a couple of months.
    168 is my current weight. It took me about 4 months of 90% Paleo to loose 48 lbs and I have maintained that weight for the last 5 months. I predict you will be in the 170s over the next few weeks and will very likely reach your goal before March. Wishing you all the best in your journey!

Here is a series of interesting videos on the Paleo diet put together by the CBS affiliate in San Francisco -

Paleo diet CBS San Francisco

As many of you know body fat % not bodyweight is what's most important when assessing weight management issues. Measuring bodyfat has been frustrating as most of the scales that use bioelectric impedence are inaccurate and inconsistant. Most exercise physiologists agree that skinfold calipers give the most accurate and most reproducable results. Here is a video that shows how easy it is to do - if you any of you would like to purchase the calipers, just let me know.

SKYNDEX I Skinfold Caliper Basic Use - YouTube

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    As many of you know body fat % not bodyweight is what's most important when assessing weight management issues. Measuring bodyfat has been frustrating as most of the scales that use bioelectric impedence are inaccurate and inconsistant. Most exercise physiologists agree that skinfold calipers give the most accurate and most reproducable results. Here is a video that shows how easy it is to do - if you any of you would like to purchase the calipers, just let me know.

SKYNDEX I Skinfold Caliper Basic Use - YouTube
    Canuck, what is the cost of the calipers? And what is the accuracy of the device?
    Thanks/Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast