Thread: Primal Success at 60

Threaded View

Primal Success at 60

Back on March 4th of 2012 I weighed in at 213 lbs. and decided to get my health and weight under control. I was coming up on my 60th birthday in April and wanted to get back under 200 lbs. After doing some research I decided on a Paleo diet and Fitness program and have been amazed at the results. I am currently fairly strict (90% Primal) and have more than surpassed my goal losing 45 lbs at my low point and since then gaining about 10 Lbs of muscle and feel amazing.

I don't have any before pictures of me, as I was somewhat embarrassed to have any pictures taken with my shirt off, but here are a couple of photos. The first after about 4 months is when I was at my lowest body weight after eating strict low carb Paleo and doing primarily body weight exercises along with some interval training at the track. The second is after a year having changed my fitness program, focusing on weight training for a few months and eating more Primal with a higher carb macro.

It would be great to hear from any one else out there in their 60s or older who have had great results following the Paleo Diet and exercise lifestyle.

6 Months Paleo photo 2.jpg

John 1 year + Paleo #2.jpg

Feel free to visit my Facebook Paleo Diary, perhaps you will find it motivating. Good luck everyone!

Paleo Journey - Diary of my experience eating the Paleo Diet | Facebook
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by canuck416; 09-01-2013 at 02:40 PM.