Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 17

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn532 View Post
    Nice job...you look awesome, happy, and healthy! Congrats.
    Thanks Evelyn, appreciate you dropping in for a visit.

The holidays can be a challenging time full of temptations for those in the Paleo community. Here is some great advice from the Top Paleo bloggers that will help you navigate the season.

http://paleononpaleo.com/top-paleo-b...3-predictions/
    Last edited by canuck416; 12-11-2012 at 11:00 AM.

The foundational part of our conditioning program should be strength training, once this is established it will enable us to do most any activity better. This is especially important as we age so I encourage all my 50+ Paleo friends to make sure to lift something heavy several times a week. I'd further suggest that you get in the gym and lift, begin light, focus on good form, but progressively increase your strength ability. Men should shoot for being able to do a 1 rep maximum deadlift of 2X your weight, Squat 1.75 X your wieght and Bench Press your Body weight. Women's goals should be about 50-75% of the 1RM listed for men. This will take time but is well worth the effort. Here is a great article, it's somewhat in your face as most T-Nation articles tend to be, but well worth the read. Even if you cannot reach the strength goals listed you will greatly improve your foundational fitness by focusing on basic strength movements.

T NATION | Conditioning is a Sham
    Last edited by canuck416; 12-12-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Something we all should be concerned about! Cholesterol-lowering has become a huge global industry, generating at least $29 billion each year. Have the facts about heart disease, cholesterol and cholesterol medications been distorted by pharmaceutical companies and food manufacturers keen to increase their profits?

If you are using statin drugs, please reconsider - get all the facts and take charge of your health.

STATIN NATION - Film Synopsis

Just discovered this excellent Paleo website. They have links to outstanding research as it relates to the Paleo lifestyle. You will have to register to login but its easy and free and well worth the effort.

http://www.paleoforlife.org
    Last edited by canuck416; 12-14-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Day 294 - 171 lbs.

Merry Christmas Everyone...Wishing you and your families a wonderful holiday season and a successful and healthy new year!!

Northern California this time of year is in a state of permanent spring. Everything is so green you would think you were in Ireland. I went for a run and a body weight workout in the park this morning, started in sunshine but it quickly turned to rain. It was wonderful! Beautiful rainbow formed in the sky overlooking an emerald green wonderland.

After losing 48 lbs and getting to a low weight of 165 lbs, I started an intense weight training routine 6 weeks ago and gained about 6 lbs of muscle. Body fat is hovering around 10%. I've decided to take next week completely off exercise and then change things up again and start fresh in the New Year. Might join a CrossFit gym, train for a triathlon, go to a yoga studio or take a MovNat course.

For those of you who have just recently started to follow my Paleo Journey here is an overview of what I've been eating - Organic pastured beef, buffalo and pork, free range chicken and eggs, wild fish, lots of salads, vegetables, some fruits and nuts. Saute everything in coconut oil and drink lots of water. Some raw milk cheese and goat cheese. No grains, transfats or extra sugar. My treats have been red wine and dark cholocolate (at least 72%). Give it a try for 30 days - you will be amazed at how good you feel.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    For those of you who have just recently started to follow my Paleo Journey here is an overview of what I've been eating - Organic pastured beef, buffalo and pork, free range chicken and eggs, wild fish, lots of salads, vegetables, some fruits and nuts. Saute everything in coconut oil and drink lots of water. Some raw milk cheese and goat cheese. No grains, transfats or extra sugar. My treats have been red wine and dark cholocolate (at least 72%). Give it a try for 30 days - you will be amazed at how good you feel.
    Well done on your excellent results. I'm not as far on as you in exercise but have lost 57lbs to date. Relaxing with family until after the New Year and will no doubt put on a little weight with the surfeit of food and booze to be consumed. However, I do believe that some extra treats are in order after nine months of being conscientious.

January 4th I will get back in the swing of exercise and calorie counting. I can not afford grass fed beef and other organic meats but I do what I can where I can.

Merry Christmas and I wish everybody a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Well done on your excellent results. I'm not as far on as you in exercise but have lost 57lbs to date. Relaxing with family until after the New Year and will no doubt put on a little weight with the surfeit of food and booze to be consumed. However, I do believe that some extra treats are in order after nine months of being conscientious.

January 4th I will get back in the swing of exercise and calorie counting. I can not afford grass fed beef and other organic meats but I do what I can where I can.

Merry Christmas and I wish everybody a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.
    Wow 57 lbs! Congratulations Nigel....Enjoy the holidays!

I'm going to tryout a new bodyweight workout for the next few weeks. Found it on the internet and started Day 1 Level 5 today, which seemed about right for my current fitness level. Looks like it should be easy but believe me its a tough workout! I did 27 sets in the 20 minutes allowed for the workout. Give it a shot and let me know how you did.

bodyweight exercises, bodyweight workouts

Many of you have reached out to me recently regarding how to get bodyfat levels lower. My suggestion is that if you really want to drop body fat, then stop doing long cardio sessions and start sprinting. Here are two great articles on the subject you should all read.

A Case Against Cardio (from a former mileage king) | Mark's Daily Apple

Women: Running into Trouble

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast