Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 16

mark h is offline Junior Member
    I am only 53. Due to recovering from a back injury, I currently only swim, stretch and such. 1-2miles every 2-3 days with every other swim sprints. Once a month I do a half marathon swim (3.2 miles 10 k) nonstop. I dropped 11 lbs (all muscle). Starting on Jan 1, I wii restart Crossfit. 5' 9 1/2" 154 lbs. goal of 165.
    I guess I am genetically blessed because most still think I work out hard.
    I am inspired by the posts to restart.
    Keep it going, Mark

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark h View Post
    I am inspired by the posts to restart.
    I was inspired by my overstuffed carcass and was fed up with trying to make excuses for buying larger and larger clothes. (He says, sipping a pre prandial glass of Rioja)

Whatever gets us started on the road to recovery must be a step in the right direction. I walked five miles to do some mystery shopping on Friday and now have a few months' supply of cod liver oil paid for as well as the small fees for doing the "work" that will pay for some primal fodder.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

If you are just beginning to get back in touch with your body and how it moves here are some great short videos on functional movements that will be a great help.

Strength & Conditioning - Erwan Le Corre: Week 1, Day 4 | Breaking Muscle

Here's a great article by a heart surgeon on the real causes of heart disease. Definitely worth the read. Pretty much says conventional wisdom is wrong and we should all be eating primal.

Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease -- Health & Wellness -- Sott.net[]

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Here's a great article by a heart surgeon on the real causes of heart disease. Definitely worth the read. Pretty much says conventional wisdom is wrong and we should all be eating primal.

Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease -- Health & Wellness -- Sott.net[]
    Excellent article: Thank you for posting for us. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Just curious and wondering what everyone's elevator speech is regarding Paleo? What do you say when someone asks about your diet? Might be helpful to hear some ideas and share some best practices. Here are some tips to help you craft your message.

Crafting Your Paleo Elevator Speech | Paleo Diet Lifestyle

One of the advantage of being a bit older is that people tend to pay attention to what we have to say!

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Just curious and wondering what everyone's elevator speech is regarding Paleo? What do you say when someone asks about your diet? Might be helpful to hear some ideas and share some best practices.
    I keep it super simple and don't preach. If someone asks, I just say I don't eat grains and processed sugar. That's it.

If they want more information about what I eat, and I don't want it to sound like I'm restrictive, I just say I eat meat, veggies, some nuts, some dairy, some fruit, and healthy fats. And that I feel great all the time.

Oh, and bacon. Lots of bacon.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I keep it super simple and don't preach. If someone asks, I just say I don't eat grains and processed sugar. That's it.

If they want more information about what I eat, and I don't want it to sound like I'm restrictive, I just say I eat meat, veggies, some nuts, some dairy, some fruit, and healthy fats. And that I feel great all the time.

Oh, and bacon. Lots of bacon.
    Nice! I like it.

Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast