Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Success at 60 page 15

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by BillVick View Post
    Thanks - I think we need a new category for Paleo or Primal followers with more than a little grey in their hair.

I propose 'Geezer Jocks' as one option since we know that diet it only part of the lifestyle approach. Any ideas from others 'of a certain age' or over 60 on how to identify ourselves?
    Silverbacks?

Paleobird Guest
    How about "The Elders of the Tribe"?

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Great suggestion Bill! Wow tough choices - Geezer Jocks, Silverbacks and Elders of the Tribe....How about Alpha Greys? This deserves some contemplation. Anyone else?
    Last edited by canuck416; 11-25-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    This deserves some contemplation. Anyone else?
    Silver Foxes? Buff Arctic Blonde Seniors (then we could be BABeS), Older Fit And Respected Trendsetters (Old Farts). Hmm, you're correct canuck416, this does need serious consideration.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Intermitttent fasting (IF) has greatly helped me drop body fat and I encourage you to try this method of eating if you reach a sticking point in your weight loss or are trying to get that really defined look in you abs.

Here is link to some very good info on IF - Intermittent Fasting E-book | Intermittent Fasting | John Berardi

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Intermitttent fasting (IF) has greatly helped me drop body fat and I encourage you to try this method of eating if you reach a sticking point in your weight loss or are trying to get that really defined look in you abs.
    I normally go without an evening meal on Sunday nowadays and have been intending to IF more seriously. I'll study up on it and see which pattern will suit me best.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Geezers Got Game?

BillVick is offline Junior Member
    I swim with a group of 8 guys (no gals - sorry) whose goal is a mile swim a couple times a week. Some more, some less but the average age is around 66 with the youngest at 64 and the oldest at 77. (I'm 74) I also run with a few of them as well and lift/workout with a couple of others. We call ourselves Senior Jocks but it’s a bland name with no cachet. As I see more and more grey warriors embark on the Paleo journey I think the name or branding becomes more and more important. Love to see some consensus on a name that others can seize on and join in the fun.

grey warriors
    Like it.

I swim with a group of 8 guys (no gals - sorry) whose goal is a mile swim a couple times a week. Some more, some less but the average age is around 66 with the youngest at 64 and the oldest at 77. (I'm 74) I also run with a few of them as well and lift/workout with a couple of others. We call ourselves Senior Jocks but it’s a bland name with no cachet. As I see more and more grey warriors embark on the Paleo journey I think the name or branding becomes more and more important. Love to see some consensus on a name that others can seize on and join in the fun.
    I agree Bill, I'll wait until the weekend for further suggestions then post all of them and ask for a vote. I will post the vote request in several places on the Forum and on my Facebook page as well and report the results by Friday of next week. How does that work for everyone?

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast