Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (CoachRunjor) page

CoachRunjor is offline Member

Primal Journal (CoachRunjor)

Primal Fuel

Hi everyone. I am a 36 year old married father of 2. I grew up thin, active and athletic. I was always someone who was in really good shape. I never sat still. That is until I got married. After marriage, my life really slowed down, then came kids.... My life slowed down more and more. I have been gaining weight for about the last 12 years. I am currently weighing in at 252.8 pounds. I eat terribly, and I am the cook in the house too, so my wife and kids eat the same garbage that I do. I feel fat, tired and simply uncomfortable. About 2.5 years ago, I began drinking Metamucil fiber supplement with nearly every meal. I did it, thinking that it was going to help me lose weight. It did not... And it wasn't until last night when I began reading The Primal Blueprint that it donned on me why I began drinking the fiber supplement in the first place, and realized that it has not done anything other than make my walled lighter. I have long believed that I was not eating right, but kept on doing what I was raised to do. I am at a point in my life where I am ready for a change. I am ready to follow my heart and eat the way that I believe I should eat. I have been reading Mark's Daily Apple for a few weeks now and the ideas that Mark promotes really make sense to me. So I am jumping in.

As of this moment I am going Primal. I just made this decision about 20 minutes ago. But I am excited to get moving. I am going to be totally brutally honest about what I eat, and journal it every day. I am using The Daily Plate to track everything that I eat, so I will have no problems detailing what I eat. I am also going to do a weekly weigh-in and track my weight as well...

Here goes, CoachRunjor goes Primal.. watch out people!!!

Ok so yesterday's meal were:

B - Egg, Sausage & Cheese Biscuit (before I went primal), COffee

MS - Banana

L- Green Salad, Mushrooms, Carrots, Balsamic Vinaigrette, 1 Apple, 1 Orange

D - KFC Grilled Chicken Breasts (2)

I did not have time to work out, but i coach baseball, and we had a 2 hr practice yesterday.

All in all great day.... And starting off right this morning....

peace,

Runjor

coach81 is offline Senior Member

Hey Coach! I'm in as of this morning as well! I ate 3 eggs with onions and peppers with olive oil. I'm having a grilled chicken salad with Vinegret(sp) dressing for lunch.. and blueberries and almonds for snack.. then more grilled chicken for supper..

I coach football and soccer, and I am an certified personal trainer as well. The fitness part will be easy for me as I have been really big into fitness for quite a while now.. good luck!!! My goal is to get my body fat % as low as possible in the two months before we go on vacation....

How goes it, coach? I am doing well.. day one in the books, and looking forward to day two!

Yesterday's Meals were:

B: Banana

MS: Banana

L: carrot chips, mushrooms, salad ken's lite Nothern Italian Dressing, Orange

AS: Apple

D: Thai style lettuce wraps with Chicken & Salsa

Walked the dog for an hour in the morning. The weather was great and so was the walk.

Hey Coach81 - Things so far are great.... I am still excited and motivated. I coach Football and Baseball.... I coach football because I love it, and i coach baseball because my son loves it... My son is nearly 10. I live in Virginia, how bout you?

Hey Coach.. I'm here in Louisiana. I coach football because I have a passion for it.. and coach soccer because I enjoy it.. and my administrator "encourages" us to coach two sports.

Looks like you are still doing well with your new Primal life!!! I have come up with an alter-ego for fun and to motivate myself.. I'm calling my Primal self "Bulltar"!!!

I'm doing really well with it.. on day two today.. really enjoying it so far. May even try my first IF this Sunday..

Let's keep it Primal!!!

Bulltar,

Are you going to go for the whole day Sunday? I haven't really considered that yet.... But I usually don't eat more than 1 or 2 meals a day on weekends anyways, because it seems that i am just stacked full with things that i want to do on those days....

something for me to think about i guess...

My plan is maybe just go from Saturday night at around 6.. until maybe noon Sunday.. 17 hours or so.. and see how I do with that..

That is the plan as of now anyway.

PrimalCon New York

Bulltar has survived another day!!! See you tomorrow for hunting!!! RRRRRRoooooaaaaarrrrrr!!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast